Anyone in Kinross Area?

lisaharrison

Guest nicola1234

Hi

Hope you dont mind me replying on here but I was hoping you maybe able to give me a bit of information on what Kinross is like. We are moving over in January and coming over on 23rd October for a three week reccie. We have short listed several places North of Perth that we are considering living in (from our internet research) and Kinross is one of those places.

Thanks

Nic

Hiya - don't mind you asking at all - like you we did a 3 week reccie and decided on Kinross as it is a nice suburb, affordable both for renting and buying. Visited the school and both primary and high school have an excellent reputation. Also loved Mulalloo but very expensive to buy. Only been here a week but love it - you won't regret it - keep in touch and happy to meet up when you come over - should know a bit more by then.

Lisa

Guest thebeatties

hi there

been here for about two months, move into a rental in Mindarie next month, met loads of people, play 5s on wed and golf on sunday, same age as yourselves, rest of family arrives next month too. pm if you fancy a meet for drinks.

Guest nicola1234

Hi Lisa

From the internet we were going to look at Kinross and suburbs just North including Quinns Rocks (although I have heard some parts should be avoided), Clarkson & Ridgewood. We have also Stumbled upon Ellenbrook which we thought we may take a look at as its completely different from the other places we were looking at. Although until we get there I don't think we can make a decision on where to live properly, but I think its nice to at least have an idea where to start!! If you know anything about any of these places, in particular where to avoid I would be glad to hear it! We are staying in Woodvale as we found a little one bedroom place which was quite reasonable.

Initially we were thinking that being not far from the beach was important to us, but now we are not so sure that it is that important with all the parks etc. I think its going to be a lot of exploring at different times of day and night to get a proper feel for the places. And hopefully by the end of the three weeks we will have found somewhere we would both like to settle.

Are you renting at the moment? How did you find getting the property? Ideally I would like to buy somewhere as soon as possible, but I know we are going to have to rent for a while, which is probably safest until we properly settle somewhere. Don't really want to be tied into a long rental though and a lot seem to be for a year, but that can be something else to add to the list to research in October!

Cant wait to get out there, so much to get sorted. Glad your enjoying it. Thanks for the offer in October will keep in touch and you can update me on everything out there!

Thanks once again.

Nic

Hiya,

We are in Clarkson in a holiday let at the moment - I like it but apparently the schools arn't good particularly the high school. Quinns Rock is nice too, don't know about the others you mentioned.

I found the house we are in on-line from the UK - don't know what you need but its lovely - 4 bed, 2 bathroom with pool $500/week. If of interest let me know.

do you have children?

We are going to rent for 2 years and then either buy or build. I think you are right, rent until you are sure where you want to be.

Nowhere is that far from the beach - well not compared to the UK anyway!

Speak soon

Lisa x

• 2 weeks later...
hi there

been here for about two months, move into a rental in Mindarie next month, met loads of people, play 5s on wed and golf on sunday, same age as yourselves, rest of family arrives next month too. pm if you fancy a meet for drinks.

Hi

Wonder if you an help??? We too are coming over in Nov to mindarie, checking out schools, rental etc.. I have 2 kids age 7 and 9 and really want to check out there education..My son has special needs issues, so a school that they can both be in would be beneficial.. Also had a bit look at Quinns Primary...Any help would be most appriecated... As much info on any areas....Thanks:v_SPIN:

Guest thebeatties
Hi

Wonder if you an help??? We too are coming over in Nov to mindarie, checking out schools, rental etc.. I have 2 kids age 7 and 9 and really want to check out there education..My son has special needs issues, so a school that they can both be in would be beneficial.. Also had a bit look at Quinns Primary...Any help would be most appriecated... As much info on any areas....Thanks:v_SPIN:

Hi There

Mindarie is a great area very clean with loads of open spaces and parks for the children, i have meetings with the schools over the nex few weeks, but with speaking with other locals the report on all the schools is good. We are looking at a chatholic primary and either Quinns College or Prenderville College for the older ones. PM me if you would like any more specific info, glad to help if i can.

John

Hi Tabatha,

I've been here 3 weeks and moving into a permanent house in Mindarie next Friday - can't wait! Mindarie is beautiful as John says full of parks, open spaces, not to mention the beautiful harbour. Can't help unfortunately with the schools as mine go to Kinross Primary - both have special needs, will ask friends I've met about Quinns etc.

Happy packing and give me a shout if you want to meet up when you arrive or need any help - have made a great circle of friends which are welcome to join.

Lisa x

Archived