Just had a very strange conversation...

Guest Noodle

:wacko:

After looking at the Live in Victoria website and reading the September 2010 Newsletter a couple of days ago, we found a contact number to call for information re. Skilled Migrants. Receptionist (I think) was lovely and could not be more helpful. She decided to put me through to a chap called Brian re. employment (for people looking for skilled migrants), I was informed by another lady he had left and asked what my query was? All sounds okay so far, I asked where we could look to see where we were required most. She told me "I don't think Australia would have a problem finding a Motor Vehicle Technician and we are not an agency". Quite stumped I replied, after a pause for thought!, maybe I had not communicated well what I was asking - same response with an air of sarcasm.

I read that if we were a skilled migrant and wanted information on aspects of moving to this particular region to call. :err:

Won't be using the Skilled Migrant service for that then will we!!! I don't like asking at the best of times so I won't be doing that again.

Anyway, off to bed, daughter's first day of secondary school in a few hours.

Sweet dreams to all in the UK and great day to those in Auz.

Ley x:hug:

Guest siamsusie

Noodles, dont worry it is not you! the sheer arrogance of these people! Why not drop Cal (Mod) a pm and ask her for her opinion Gary her husband I think is in the same trade. You will get more sense out of her than these self appointed little Hitlers!

You have stayed up late specifically to make the phone call, follow this is with an email expressing your displeasure!

Slightly off topic, I had a few problems in April with a well known Perth removalist, a very arrogant woman was dealing with me, seeing my husband's company were using this company for all their removals, I put the phone down and wrote a seething e mail! 2 minutes later the Manager was on the phone and thereafter he was my only point of contact and was superb!

Susie

Huge thanks siamsusie, I think the give-away for me was the whole 'Australia' bit!!! If she'd have said Bendigo then I would have worried more. Ley x

Archived