121 ens

Guest andy123

Guest andy123

Hi All

I am here in Australia on a 121 ENS visa, can anyone please tell me how long you have to stay with the sponsoring employer? It mentions 3 years on the paperwork but is there any way to get round this?

Thanks

When you were granted the 121 ENS visa, you were granted permanent residency. The 3 years is mentioned in the job offer letter-that is not a condition attached to your visa by the Federal government. Therefore, you will suffer no effects whatsoever if you quit your job or if you get fired.

What you need to consider though is what your employment contract says about your ability to terminate your employment relationship. But that is a matter of employment law-nothing to do with your visa or migration law.

You cannot lose your PR because you lose your job.

Guest andy123

Hi Thanks for the info.

It's i think i can remember that on one of the DIAC forms i filled in i think in the declaration section it stated that you had to stay with the employer for a minimum 3 years??

Guest Laura G

Hi Andy,

Your visa is perm so there is no conditions, however depending on how long you have worked for your Sponsor may depend how things progress.

If your Employer is annoyed and feels used, they can report you to Immigration, Immi can then investigate as to whether you used your Employer to simply gain PR, if you had only worked for your Employer for a few weeks or months, Immi could declare that you gained your PR under false pretences.

The Minister has powers to cancel your PR visa, be careful how you move forward with your Sponsor.

Do you have a good relationship with them?

Laura G

Guest andy123

Hi ladies

Thanks for your replies. No all was done above board and yes the relationship between me and the sponsors is good. Just wanted to know where we stood.

Thanks

Andy

Guest guest17520

Hi,

Sorry to butt in on the thread but I am waiting for my ENS 856 to come through and I'm really feeling like I don't want to stay with my employer any longer.

If I left the day after I got my visa (I'm not going to but would like to find anew job soon after) could I get in trouble?

Thanks,

Richard

Archived