RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Interesting to read all of this! My nomination was sent to Immi SA for RCB advice back in October and was approved. I guess I should be thankful mine made the cut with the new guidelines. Mind you we did have to do a lot of work to prepare for it. A LOT of advertising ... we had originally advertised on three different (free) websites for a month and then with the new guidelines found that the advertising we had done would not be sufficient and had to do further advertising through SEEK, which meant another 4 weeks and the cost of advertising, which isn't cheap. In addition, we had to get a supporting letter from a local organisation that my employer is a member of which was not east to say the least... but thankfully it all worked out and the RCB was satisfied with the nomination! I certainly hope that the department will approve my nomination!! Now if only DIAC would assign my file to a CO :)

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally I would wait the two weeks. I know it is hard (ohhh how I know) but you have waited this long, two weeks is not much more. You can do it! :-D

I tried to wait blossom79......... i really did lol! But I couldn't! Tonight I started drafting an e-mail to my MA and thought... I'll just draft this and have it all ready to send in a couple of weeks! Well I sent it! I couldn't resist... hehe

Oddly enough, my MA replied back within 15 mins on a Sunday night agreeing that yes, 187's are being granted before all of the 857's have been processed (and stated how annoying it is ... maybe for him! haha). Anyway, I was asking if he would make an inquiry and try to find out when my file would be assigned to a CO as it has been 5 1/2 months and the "processing time" does state 6 months for the 187. He said he was looking at my file just last week amongst others and said he would follow up on it! So fingers crossed I'll hear some good news this week??? God I hope so! This is driving me absolutely mad! lol

Direct Stream is mostly for students or offshore applicants,,,,and above they mean is that there is anodr subclass I think 457 and those ppl cant apply as a direct entry,,, Those ppl are mostly already wrking with the employer on a temperory working visa,,if they want to apply RsMS they have other way to do it..not direct entry,,apparently those ppl dont evn need a RCB

Eligible for the Employer Sponsored Direct Entry

stream ( i.e. the nominee is offshore or has not

worked for the nominating employer in the

nominated position in the last 2 years).

What does it mean ??????????????

"The Direct Entry stream is for applicants who are untested in the Australian labour market and have not held a subclass 457 visa for at least the last two years or are applying directly from outside Australia."

My application is direct entry. I have not undergone any testing in the labour market not have I been on a 457 visa. I applied onshore from a working holiday visa, but this is how my MA sent in my application...

Its really strange how ur Agent applied ur Nomination before RCB ,,Am i correct here,,can u plz share ur timeline mate,,and what is ur occupation ??

"The Direct Entry stream is for applicants who are untested in the Australian labour market and have not held a subclass 457 visa for at least the last two years or are applying directly from outside Australia."

My application is direct entry. I have not undergone any testing in the labour market not have I been on a 457 visa. I applied onshore from a working holiday visa, but this is how my MA sent in my application...

Its really strange how ur Agent applied ur Nomination before RCB ,,Am i correct here,,can u plz share ur timeline mate,,and what is ur occupation ??

Yes the nomination can be lodged with DIAC prior to RCB approval. In my case we needed to lodge my nomination and visa with DIAC as I was approaching the end of my working holiday visa and I needed to get my bridging visa approved so that I could remain in the country lawfully and continue working. However, we could not send the nomination into the RCB at the time as we were still waiting on a couple of updated financial reports from my employers accountant that were required. Once the RCB approved the nomination, my MA sent it in to DIAC with my nomination. Here is my timeline:

Nomination lodged with DIAC - 11 September 2012

RSMS (187) Direct Entry Non Decision Ready visa application lodged with DIAC - 11 September 2012

Acknowledgement of valid nomination received - 12 September 2012

Acknowledgement of valid visa application received - 12 September 2012

Bridging visa granted - 12 September 2012

Nomination lodged with RCB - 10 October 2012

Nomination approved by RCB - 13 November 2012

Sitting at 5 1/2 months and still waiting for a CO to be assigned... Oh and I work in hospitality management!

I am working with the employer from last june ( full time ). My trade certificate is from australia (TAFE). My ielts is running in 2.5 yrs ( 3 yrs valid for RSMS) and my visa status is tem. residency (485). so where do u think I stand ???

My agent wouldn't lodge the nomination until RCB was approved not sure if it was possible to do so or not, but I have read somewhere that they prioritise offshore applications over onshore even though they state a 6 month processing time, it could be more you push then a faster response to your application it worked for me.

Interesting to read all of this! My nomination was sent to Immi SA for RCB advice back in October and was approved. I guess I should be thankful mine made the cut with the new guidelines. Mind you we did have to do a lot of work to prepare for it. A LOT of advertising ... we had originally advertised on three different (free) websites for a month and then with the new guidelines found that the advertising we had done would not be sufficient and had to do further advertising through SEEK, which meant another 4 weeks and the cost of advertising, which isn't cheap. In addition, we had to get a supporting letter from a local organisation that my employer is a member of which was not east to say the least... but thankfully it all worked out and the RCB was satisfied with the nomination! I certainly hope that the department will approve my nomination!! Now if only DIAC would assign my file to a CO :)

Odd. My agent told my employer over a year and a half ago that he had contacted Adelaide rcb and that their rules were that the job had to be advertised for a month in at least three places, at least one of which being a paid Internet site such as seek and at least one newspaper. I'm guessing your agent just hasn't checked recently (which is odd if they are in Adelaide). They don't seem to have one set of hard and fast rules though. Why it isn't the same rules for the whole country I have no idea.

Odd. My agent told my employer over a year and a half ago that he had contacted Adelaide rcb and that their rules were that the job had to be advertised for a month in at least three places, at least one of which being a paid Internet site such as seek and at least one newspaper. I'm guessing your agent just hasn't checked recently (which is odd if they are in Adelaide). They don't seem to have one set of hard and fast rules though. Why it isn't the same rules for the whole country I have no idea.

Yeah that sounds pretty familiar. When I first went to my MA last May to begin this (lengthly) process I recall him providing me with the guidelines and requirements for the RSMS, which was obviously before all of the changes from 1 July. I remember it mentioning that the job needed to be advertised in three different locations for at least a month. I can't recall off the top of my head, but I think it gave examples of SEEK, CareerONE, The Advertiser, etc ... but we had opted for three free job seeking websites instead, not knowing that you HAD to advertise on one of those sites (which involves more money). Anyway, the result was that we had to re-advertise on SEEK for a month anyway. But under the new reform, it doesn't actually state that you have to advertise in three locations or for any particular period of time. I guess it just needs to be convincing enough that the employer has advertised for a reasonable length of time to make an attempt to hire from the local labour force...

Can u tell me when is ur 485 expiring second Im pretty sure u can attain 6 each again in IELTS if needed so dont think about that,,,U have to make sure that u need to stay in the country to apply ur next visa,,,so when is ur 485 expiring and also have u applied MRT frm the last application...

I am working with the employer from last june ( full time ). My trade certificate is from australia (TAFE). My ielts is running in 2.5 yrs ( 3 yrs valid for RSMS) and my visa status is tem. residency (485). so where do u think I stand ???

Thx for sharing ur timeline,,,and with hospitality management u mean As a chef and also im pretty sure ur frm low risk country,,,??and did u file a E visa or a paper visa mate

Yes the nomination can be lodged with DIAC prior to RCB approval. In my case we needed to lodge my nomination and visa with DIAC as I was approaching the end of my working holiday visa and I needed to get my bridging visa approved so that I could remain in the country lawfully and continue working. However, we could not send the nomination into the RCB at the time as we were still waiting on a couple of updated financial reports from my employers accountant that were required. Once the RCB approved the nomination, my MA sent it in to DIAC with my nomination. Here is my timeline:

Nomination lodged with DIAC - 11 September 2012

RSMS (187) Direct Entry Non Decision Ready visa application lodged with DIAC - 11 September 2012

Acknowledgement of valid nomination received - 12 September 2012

Acknowledgement of valid visa application received - 12 September 2012

Bridging visa granted - 12 September 2012

Nomination lodged with RCB - 10 October 2012

Nomination approved by RCB - 13 November 2012

Sitting at 5 1/2 months and still waiting for a CO to be assigned... Oh and I work in hospitality management!

Edited by ginz

Just read ur other post ,,, u said ur waiting for CO,,,I tink it mit be a another month mate coz my friends who applied in June are also waiting,,still best of luck and u did applied an E-visa isnt it??

Accommodation and yes low risk country (at least I think Canada is??) :P

Well according to the auto-response that you get when e-mailing the processing centre (ie. vic.pse@immi.gov.au) the Melbourne PSE office is processing visas from April I think?? But through the forums I've seen peoples' visas lodged in June get approved. I even saw someone's 187 visa that was lodged in late October get approved. So there seems to be some inconsistency .... but there's so many variables that play a factor as to when each persons' visa is processed ... HR or LR country ... on shore or off shore ... decision ready or non-decision ready ... which processing centre .... etc etc. All I know is the DIAC processing times website states "6 months" for the 187 subclass and i'm 2 weeks away from my 6 month point, so I've got my MA on it and hopefully they can put a bit of pressure on DIAC to assign my file to a (nice) CO :)

Yes my visa is an e-visa... 187 is through SkillSelect, which is all electronically lodged. Cheers

Thx mate ,,,best of luck

Well according to the auto-response that you get when e-mailing the processing centre (ie. vic.pse@immi.gov.au) the Melbourne PSE office is processing visas from April I think?? But through the forums I've seen peoples' visas lodged in June get approved. I even saw someone's 187 visa that was lodged in late October get approved. So there seems to be some inconsistency .... but there's so many variables that play a factor as to when each persons' visa is processed ... HR or LR country ... on shore or off shore ... decision ready or non-decision ready ... which processing centre .... etc etc. All I know is the DIAC processing times website states "6 months" for the 187 subclass and i'm 2 weeks away from my 6 month point, so I've got my MA on it and hopefully they can put a bit of pressure on DIAC to assign my file to a (nice) CO :)

Yes my visa is an e-visa... 187 is through SkillSelect, which is all electronically lodged. Cheers

visa expiring on nov this year ...I didn't go for MRT but decided to apply from the place where I was working from last may...

Can u tell me when is ur 485 expiring second Im pretty sure u can attain 6 each again in IELTS if needed so dont think about that,,,U have to make sure that u need to stay in the country to apply ur next visa,,,so when is ur 485 expiring and also have u applied MRT frm the last application...

Yeah that sounds pretty familiar. When I first went to my MA last May to begin this (lengthly) process I recall him providing me with the guidelines and requirements for the RSMS, which was obviously before all of the changes from 1 July. I remember it mentioning that the job needed to be advertised in three different locations for at least a month. I can't recall off the top of my head, but I think it gave examples of SEEK, CareerONE, The Advertiser, etc ... but we had opted for three free job seeking websites instead, not knowing that you HAD to advertise on one of those sites (which involves more money). Anyway, the result was that we had to re-advertise on SEEK for a month anyway. But under the new reform, it doesn't actually state that you have to advertise in three locations or for any particular period of time. I guess it just needs to be convincing enough that the employer has advertised for a reasonable length of time to make an attempt to hire from the local labour force...

what if the vacancy is not advertised. cause my employer din advertise the vacancy. is there high chances that my nomination might get rejected.

Hi Mate,

I do not want to rain on your parade but you are most likely in for an additional 3 months wait at least.

DIAC is still processing pre July applications, I have already been waiting 8 months now and no CO.

what if the vacancy is not advertised. cause my employer din advertise the vacancy. is there high chances that my nomination might get rejected.

I think it is depends on your state RCB policy, because Accountant do not need to advertised because it is on skill short list in TAS

hope this info helpful