RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Hi all,

I have been reading this thread since early last year and you guys have been tremendously helpful with all of your shared advices, experiences and tips. So, thanks a bunch! However, as I got my RSMS 857 visa approved last Friday, finally I have decided to post my experience and timeline.

I turned in my nomination in mid February last year, got it approved in March and submitted the nomination in mid-April, non-DRC, high risk. My visa application was submitted in mid June and got a prompt acknowledgement in the following week. I sent a status request email to DIAC in last November and was given a name and email of my case officer. Asked him for an update but no reply.

Last Friday morning, I got an email from my CO saying he had requested some documents from my employer in August and still waiting to receive 'em. If I could not get them send the documents by 5 pm, my application might be subject to cancellation. I got super paranoid as you can imagine and chased up the person responsible for this mishap. Finally everything was sent by Friday afternoon and I got the grant notification at around 6 pm. The day started as possibly one of the worst days of my life, turned out to be a very celebrative one!!! Thanks God!!

My exact timeline goes as follows,

RCB nomination submission: 24/2/2012

RCB nomination approved : 14/3/2012

857 Nomination subbmitted: 13/4/2012

857 Visa application submitted: 14/06/2012

CO assigned: Sometime in August maybe.

Visa granted: 15/02/2013

Hi Longhorn first of all congratulation to you for acheiving this success!!!!!Which centre you have lodge your application?Thanx

Edited by RBP

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all,

I have been reading this thread since early last year and you guys have been tremendously helpful with all of your shared advices, experiences and tips. So, thanks a bunch! However, as I got my RSMS 857 visa approved last Friday, finally I have decided to post my experience and timeline.

I turned in my nomination in mid February last year, got it approved in March and submitted the nomination in mid-April, non-DRC, high risk. My visa application was submitted in mid June and got a prompt acknowledgement in the following week. I sent a status request email to DIAC in last November and was given a name and email of my case officer. Asked him for an update but no reply.

Last Friday morning, I got an email from my CO saying he had requested some documents from my employer in August and still waiting to receive 'em. If I could not get them send the documents by 5 pm, my application might be subject to cancellation. I got super paranoid as you can imagine and chased up the person responsible for this mishap. Finally everything was sent by Friday afternoon and I got the grant notification at around 6 pm. The day started as possibly one of the worst days of my life, turned out to be a very celebrative one!!! Thanks God!!

My exact timeline goes as follows,

RCB nomination submission: 24/2/2012

RCB nomination approved : 14/3/2012

857 Nomination subbmitted: 13/4/2012

857 Visa application submitted: 14/06/2012

CO assigned: Sometime in August maybe.

Visa granted: 15/02/2013

thats awesome!!!!

and do you mean CO approved nomination and visa on same day on 15/02/2013?

if possible ,would you like to share what documents CO ask from employer? likes payslip? the statement to confirm job offer? or something else

Yup! I just got the visa grant notification email, so I am guessing they were both approved on the same day. The documents they asked for were recent pay slips, company annual report and a detailed company overview with business activity details though they were all provided with the initial nomination application.

Yup! I just got the visa grant notification email, so I am guessing they were both approved on the same day. The documents they asked for were recent pay slips, company annual report and a detailed company overview with business activity details though they were all provided with the initial nomination application.

Thanks Longhorn, your info very helpful to me:biggrin:

Hi Blossom,

yep I'm actually with my job 3 years and 1 month, since January 2010, and am on 457 with them since January 2011.

My friend is on a 457 with her job since July 2011, and was told that it was not a senior enough position- so the MA has recommended she re-apply direct entry in July after she has been two years in the job with a 457.

I thought it was very strange that they would turn down the RSMS nomination, considering she was approved for the same occupation, same job description etc for her 457 in 2011.

She is a project administrator, no qualifications, but plenty of work experience, and works in an engineering company.

I have the same job title, but my role takes me beyond that also into project accounting and budgeting for a mining company, but this work falls under the scope of a project administrator's job description, depending on their level and the structure of the project team.

I have a Bachelors in Journalism, an Advanced Diploma in Business/ Project Management, and am studying a Masters in Applied Finance, with a major in project finance.

I don't know, just the abruptness of her refusal, and the fact she has been on 457 already has me a little spooked!!

So my question was, considering in January of this year I have been working with the company on a 457 for 2 years and altogether including other visas, 3 years, would they automatically change my status to direct entry application?

:)

Avvy

Direct entry stream is for new visa 187. You will be processed under original visa class but your experience and work history with same employer will strengthen your case.

In case of your friend's refusal, I think lack of educational qualification was a major factor.

congrat's mate, can u pls share ur time line & which sub-class ur visa is?, thanks

l

Congratulations !!

could you share what kind of job did you apply and how long have you worked for the current employer?

I'm curious ... I've seen a few people mention that their CO's have asked for recent pay slips... What do you guys reckon they are looking for? At the moment I am casual but getting full-time hours. Of course, once my visa is granted my employer will comply with the conditions of a full-time permanent position with a salary rather than an hourly wage. But do I need to be concerned with regards to all of my pay slips? It doesn't state on them that I'm casual or permanent full-time or anything... but you can see it is an hourly wage instead of the salary. But as I said, once the visa is granted my employer will begin the remuneration of a salary, etc... Will this be OK with the CO if they request pay slips? Do they always request pay slips?

I'm curious ... I've seen a few people mention that their CO's have asked for recent pay slips... What do you guys reckon they are looking for? At the moment I am casual but getting full-time hours. Of course, once my visa is granted my employer will comply with the conditions of a full-time permanent position with a salary rather than an hourly wage. But do I need to be concerned with regards to all of my pay slips? It doesn't state on them that I'm casual or permanent full-time or anything... but you can see it is an hourly wage instead of the salary. But as I said, once the visa is granted my employer will begin the remuneration of a salary, etc... Will this be OK with the CO if they request pay slips? Do they always request pay slips?

I agree with that, I also same as you situation because of applying visa. Employer want to change full time category but have to wait to grant visa because of two years contract letter is start commencing get visa grant. Anyway, I can also provide when CO asking, still waiting to ask. current situation is casual full-time. That's good for me get more pay and sick leave unpaid... That's only different with holiday pay get full time entitlement.

I don't know about you, but my wage slip says what grade I am. So although the pay wouldn't work out exactly the same for a casual, they can look to see that you are being paid at the right level. We did have issues with the rcb thinking I wasn't being paid enough at one point.

If you are on the grade you will be on then you should be getting 25% more than afterwards, so as long as you are at the right pay grade you should have no problem.

congrat's mate, can u pls share ur time line & which sub-class ur visa is?, thanks

Thanks mahibul! Please take a look at my first post for my timeline and visa details.

l

Congratulations !!

could you share what kind of job did you apply and how long have you worked for the current employer?

Thanks sss71! Well, my nominated position was physicist and I started working for this employer under 485 visa in late 2011. Hope this helps.

Just a question Does DIAC always answer our email quiries like I have emailed them on 4th Feb whether I have CO or not but they have not responded yet???Thank you Guys.....

I think they usually reply if they have an answer for you. I got my answer within two weeks with my CO contact info.

Just a question Does DIAC always answer our email quiries like I have emailed them on 4th Feb whether I have CO or not but they have not responded yet???Thank you Guys.....

I don't think so, and you can image that how many general email they get everyday regarding everything, you really need to try to contact the CO who approve your nomination directly.

moreover, one thing I want to share with your guys, the File Reference are same in my nomination approve letter and email from CO asked for more documents, even more CO putted File Reference as subject of both emails.