RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Hi Guys,

I finally received my visa grant notification this afternoon. I'm so relieved.

I originally applied DRC (low risk) to Parramatta but my case got transferred to Perth in October/November time. I had no contact with my CO, CO was allocated and visa and nom all granted today. I am an animal attendant/trainer on a cattle property in CQ. This was an exceptional circumstances case with experience rather than qualifications.

Here is my timeline:

Visa lodged 26 June 2012 DRC

Application acknowledged 3 July 2012

CO assigned/Visa granted 10 January 2013.

That's a 6.5 month wait but no questions asked, no phone calls, no visits etc.

Good luck to everyone else, hopefully thing will all start to move along smoothly in the new year! :biggrin:

Edited by lachicalatinabex

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

congrats lachicalatinabex happieee 4 you...cheers:wink:

Hi Guys,

I originally applied DRC (low risk) to Parramatta but my case got transferred to Perth in October/November time. I had no contact with my CO, CO was allocated and visa and nom all granted today. I am an animal attendant/trainer on a cattle property in CQ. This was an exceptional circumstances case with experience rather than qualifications.

Here is my timeline:

Good luck to everyone else, hopefully thing will all start to move along smoothly in the new year! :biggrin:

Hi, and congratulations.

There is something I cannot understand.

When I call the European contact center and ask if I have a CO allocated they always tell me that this kind of visa (119) does not have a single CO but a number of them rotate for the approval process. And that several COs have already worked at my application.

I lodged on the 31 May not DRC, Paramatta, low risk country.

Got my nomination approval on the 7th November and no news from that date. I thought the nomination approval meant I was almost there but does not seem to be true as already two months have gone from it. Does anyone in a similar situation as mine has any news?

Hi Guys,

Here is my timeline:

That is great news, congratulations and thank you for providing your full history and application details.

Cheers

I don't think they do officially, but some people have been told of their visa grants on weekends. That might be their agents taking an extra day or something though.

hi bloosms i submit my certificate 3 when i lodged my application.my file is not open yet.but now i have got my certificate4 .can i send my carificate4 now to them or i have to wait for a co.

hi bloosms i submit my certificate 3 when i lodged my application.my file is not open yet.but now i have got my certificate4 .can i send my carificate4 now to them or i have to wait for a co.

Good question. Normally you should be fully trained before applying. Do you have an agent?

Hi Guys,

Here is my timeline:

Congratulations and thanks for your precious information. Would you mind to tell me the reason DIAC gave to transfer your application from Parramatta to Perth, since it's very rare in our experiences? Cheers~

Hi Guys,

Here is my timeline:

Congrtas !!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys I need Help Regarding RSMS 187 visa, I lodged my visa as DRC and I just got a call from My MA stating that my visa has been refused. Reason : I only had a diploma and they require a Degree. My occupation is welfare worker. Any ideas about what can be done will be great.

Hi Jaskiratsingh which state did you apply did RCB advise you should have a degree not a diploma for welfare worker?Did you applied as a welfare worker in the form or welfare support worker or community worker or soemthing else.

Kind regards, RBP

Edited by RBP

Hi Jaskiratsingh which state did you apply did RCB advise you should have a degree not a diploma for welfare worker?Did you applied as a welfare worker in the form or welfare support worker or community worker or soemthing else.

Kind regards, RBP

Hey RBP,

MY RCB was approved without any issues, and same documentation was provided to them. After RCB my nomination was approved as well, without any issues. My position was "case worker". The decision stated that I needed a Degree, however I have a diploma and a positive skills assessment. My MA has told me that the requirement of degree for welfare worker came in from 01/01/2013, however my visa application was lodged on 07/10/2012

Hey RBP,

MY RCB was approved without any issues, and same documentation was provided to them. After RCB my nomination was approved as well, without any issues. My position was "case worker". The decision stated that I needed a Degree, however I have a diploma and a positive skills assessment. My MA has told me that the requirement of degree for welfare worker came in from 01/01/2013, however my visa application was lodged on 07/10/2012

Hi,

My title is welfare Support Worker Iniitially my employer has applied to RCB as a welfare worker and they advised that welfare worker needs a higher level of qualificatiion not a diploma so they advised to change from Welfare worker to Welfare support worker so I applied as per them I think the requirement was from that time too. I think you can go to MRT.

Kind regards, RBP

It must have changed before then as visas are processed by the rules at the time you applied. Your agent should have picked up on this. I am very angry for you, especially if it is just a case of changing the job title as above.

I can't see a tribunal getting you anywhere unless you can find the legislation and it states the rules changed after you applied.

Good luck.

It must have changed before then as visas are processed by the rules at the time you applied. Your agent should have picked up on this. I am very angry for you, especially if it is just a case of changing the job title as above.

I can't see a tribunal getting you anywhere unless you can find the legislation and it states the rules changed after you applied.

Good luck.

Hi guys how r u.... Any updating ????

By the look of it, your MA screwed your case up, they should have known this occupation requires a degree level qualification at least before hand. Talk to them, seeing whether they can argue on the ground that you obtain relevant working experience to compensate the fact that your formal qualification is not adequate as "special circumstances",if any available with you. Or you have to start all over to apply under the new job title, which I don't personally suggest, since it's money, time and confidence costly and DIAC won't let you change on them that easily.

Hey guys I need Help Regarding RSMS 187 visa, I lodged my visa as DRC and I just got a call from My MA stating that my visa has been refused. Reason : I only had a diploma and they require a Degree. My occupation is welfare worker. Any ideas about what can be done will be great.

By the look of it, your MA screwed your case up, they should have known this occupation requires a degree level qualification at least before hand. Talk to them, seeing whether they can argue on the ground that you obtain relevant working experience to compensate the fact that your formal qualification is not adequate as "special circumstances",if any available with you. Or you have to start all over to apply under the new job title, which I don't personally suggest, since it's money, time and confidence costly and DIAC won't let you change on them that easily.