Marine Insurance

Guest bartiebum

Guest bartiebum

We are moving back to the UK in September and was wondering if anyone has purchased marine insurance separate to the removal company. :confused:

We purchased it separately through Letton Percival. I think they charged 1.5% of the value of the contents insured as opposed to the shippers charge of 3.5% of the value. So we saved quite a bit.

Our shippers (OSS) were more than happy for us to use other insurance and even offered to look over Letton's insurance policy to make sure it covered everything we'd need. I think the only difference was that Letton's didn't cover our contents while it was being packed in our home so if the packers had broken something, the shipping insurance wouldn't have covered it. But we had contents insurance which covered that so didn't need it. I think we also needed to have our stuff professionally packed if we wanted to claim for any breakages. But this is the case with any insurance I think.

Letton's (based in the UK) have been very professional and responded to all our emails straight away. Our stuff is still in transit so haven't had the need (and hopefully won't need) to make any claims. I'm hoping they'll be just as professional if we need to.

Guest roh008

I'm thinking of going with Letton Percival for insurance to Oz.

Just trying to find a decent Shipper now :o)

GMC/Anglo Pacific

Archived