DIMIA and Work

Guest choobs

Ok, this is a bit convoluted. My previous employer had me on a three month notice period and, for various reasons, I thought it best that I leave. So I did. I started a new job last week and sent off the relevant change of details form to the DIMIA. The visa application itself was lodged in late November last year.

Here's the problems:

1) I hate the job. Really truly. I don't think I can realistically do it for the next six months without going nuts.

2) It's a very long bus journey to work - adding three hours travelling time to my day.

3) Our house has sold and we're moving out on the 7th April to stay in rented accomodation. This means that I'll most likely have *further* to travel to keep the kids in school.

In an ideal world, I'd give up the crap job in April and do some contracting / consultancy until the visa results are in. The trouble is, I've just told DIMIA about the new job! Does anyone know if DIMIA actually contact the employer to see if you're still there?

Regards

Choobs

Guest MattandSarah

Having a similar dilemma myself. We are using an agent and have asked for their advice - will let you know what they come back with.

My situation is :

trained as a hairdresser when I left school. only every worked part time because its crap. Am now slogging my guts out as a PA in the public sector AND doing hairdressing to qualify for my 136 visa. The Salon I work in has reduced its hours due to poor demand so I have just gone somewhere else. Do I inform DIMIA or leave it as it is!?

Archived