RN looking at migrating

nurseoz

Hello Im a Registered Nurse in the UK working as a Scrub Nurse in a NHS hospital and with some work experience in the private sector. I have been qualified for 3 years after completing the Diploma in Adult Nursing.

I am looking at the possibility of re-locating to Melbourne or Perth as a second choice.

I am slightly confused in which order I need to complete all the paperwork. Im looking at the 175 GSM visa but would consider the employer sponsored if I am able to gain sponsorship.

Do I need to take the IELTS for all visas including the 457 Temporary employer sponsored?

Do I need to become registered with the nursing authorities before I apply for a permanent visa?

Also if anyone with nursing experience in either Melbourne or Perth can offer advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Leanne

Guest Jo and Dave

Hi

Yes the ANMC stipulate you need to do the IELT's test to practice as a nurse in Australia and you need to get a band 7 on all 4 components of the test. Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. This needs to be in place before you can apply for the skills assessment as they now want proof of your english ability as part of the assessment.

And yes you need to have skills assessment before applying for the visa, have a look at the guidance notes on the ANMC website, link is to the right of the page. I'd start collecting all the stuff now cos there's loads to sort out. Order your verification of registration pack from the NMC here now as they're taking ages to send them.

Jo x

Hi,

Thanks for that reply. Just on the ielts website now. I take it coz I wanna work as a nurse there then I'm gonna ave to sit the academic level and not the general level? As do you know if they offer any allowance if you have a disability like Dyslexia? No worries if you don't know I'll drop the website a quick email.

Thanks again though...sure I'll be in touch in the near future again!! :0)

Leanne

Guest Magnetic6

Hi Leanne

You need to sit the academic test, good luck with it all. You'll get lots of help on this site x

OMG there is loads of paper work to go through and fill in...feel like I'm back in work...paper work for everything but the kitchen sink!!!

My printer is gonna be red hot!!! Thanks again...nice to know there are people out there that have gone through all this and are now emerging out the other end, successfully!!!

Congrats on ya status...

Leanne:cute:

Archived