Sunbury

RJBingham

• 3 weeks later...
Giving this thread a bump as I am sure that someone lives out Sunbury, Keilor, way that could give you some info.

Have you joined Britvics, quiet forum but people mostly live here so may give you more info.

Thanks, will give it a try.

Guest One Hour Photo

Hi

Why Sunbury. Of the places I have seen people on here live, or are considering, that is the closest to where I am - about 2.5 hours drive.

The buses and trains to Melbourne from up here go through there, some of the buses stop there for toilets and a coffee.

From my limited knowledge I would be very careful going anywhere other than a major centre, unless you know people who live there.

Small town Australia is a hard nut to crack for an outsider.

As far as I know the only thing Sunbury has going for it is a railway station so you can get to Melbourne for a day trip fairly easily. If I want to go to Melbourne I have to get to the bus stop by 6am and spent hours on the bus and train ..... a day trip is not viable for me.

Sunbury is an outer suburb of Melbourne, it is just near the airport, and is a good drive into the city, it is not a small town and there are lots of people who live there and surrounds, used to be a lot of airport staff and some still there (pilots, cabin crew etc) and in the surrounding areas such as Gisborne, Lancefield, etc. Nothing wrong with Sunbury at all except it is close to the airport and you might get some aircraft noise along the route there. As long as you don't buy right near the airport it is fine.

The airport is about 20 mins along the freeway into the city, so Sunbury a little more, but there is transport. Check it out on google. Many people commute by car etc and there are lots of housing estates out there, new and more established ones.

Archived