First time buyers

Guest laura_barrett

Guest laura_barrett

Hi,

My b/f and myself are looking at making the move to oz in april 08 but i will be on a working holiday visa for a year before my b/f can sponsor me for 2 year before I can become a prem res! (because were not living together in the uk)

What do we about buying a house?? Can we not both buy together till i am a prem res??

Please Help!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BullcreekBob

G'day

You can buy a house with your boyfriend before you become a permanent resident.

Guest laura_barrett

Thanks Bob how soon do you think we could by one?? Somebody told us tht I could not by untill i was a perm resisdent and obviously my b/f cld not afford a morage on his own???

Guest BullcreekBob
Thanks Bob how soon do you think we could by one?? Somebody told us tht I could not by untill i was a perm resisdent and obviously my b/f cld not afford a morage on his own???

G'day

You can apply for a mortgages as soon as you can demonstrate that you earn enough to pay your tax, pay your bills and have enough left over to pay the mortgage.

Guest Laura G

Hi Laura,

I bought land before I had any visa, I arranged my mortgage through an Australian bank as an investor, I had my mortgage based and approved on my English salary, all I had to do was fill out a form (FIRB Approval) through my Australian solicitor and all went through as normal. Usually as an investor you can pay an extra 0.25% on your mortgage, but once you have PR and have been working and can prove payslips you can just change mortgage provider.

Laura

x

Archived