Gas Fitters in Western Australia

Guest thegriffiths

Guest thegriffiths

Hi

My hubby is presently working as a Gas Fitter in the UK and has passed his TRA last week. We are desperately looking to find out if his qualifications will be recognised in Australia and if not what exams etc he will need to take when we get there. He is CORGI registered with elements in Gas cookers, boilers, fires, water heaters and gas safety with 6 1/2 years experience. Looking to move to the Perth area, so also really need to speak to any gas fitters already working out there to see what work is required and if it would be useful to complete a solar power course before leaving the UK. So many questions and no one to answer them..............so if you know any gas fitters out there please, please can you contact us.:wideeyed:

Annette & Mark

Jordan & Lilia (6&2):spinny:so desperately wants to be a beach babe

Started process 01/05/07

TRA sent 31/05/07

TRA passed 21/06/07

VISA forms completed and in Australia - agent sending this week (25/05/07)

Guest leedschick

i am in a similar situation trying to find out what qualifications are relevant in australia not having much luck though. i have heard that being corgi registered does not count for much in oz as the regs are different.theres so much to find out but dont really hear much i think that everyone goes out there a bit blind.

i did find out some info on this forum. do a search on 'plumbing in oz' and you should find something.

Guest Abi&Dan

Don't know specifically for gas but a lot of Oz trades require registration anyway (eg plumbers and sparkies)

Sometimes Brits need to sit a few Oz exams to prove to the registration people that they're at a level to be registered. Experienced Brits shouldn't have any problems passing these - but there are often long waiting lists of months so bear that in mind in budgeting (or deciding whether to apply in advance of getting there).

Try contacting a TAFE college in the area you're planning on going - they should be able to tell you whether registration is required and confirm the exams you may have to pass first (and more importantly how much it all costs!!)

Good luck x

Archived