What are our chances?

Guest choobs

We meet the points requirements; we're being sponsored by relatives in .au. I have a successful skills assessment listing a 60 point skill which is on the SSASSL (just as well - our sponsors are just outside Sydney). We're all in good health.

We've sold our house, because no matter what, we're leaving the place we're living. But I have this nervous sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. There are millions of applications and 100,000 places. Knowing our luck, something is *bound* to go wrong.

Is it just me or is everyone feeling like this?

Choobs

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Everything come to he/she who waits......

Trouble is no matter how much i try and switch off to the idea of going there is always something either on the telly or radio about Australia and then the emotions start to kick in.

I've started to cross the days off the calender hoping that a Case Officer will be allocated and hear those famous words " we want you police and medical checks Mr Meadowcroft" but alas not to be.

Now that Big Brother is finishing i dont know what else to do............

Everything come to he/she who waits......

Trouble is no matter how much i try and switch off to the idea of going there is always something either on the telly or radio about Australia and then the emotions start to kick in.

I've started to cross the days off the calender hoping that a Case Officer will be allocated and hear those famous words " we want you police and medical checks Mr Meadowcroft" but alas not to be.

Now that Big Brother is finishing i dont know what else to do............

Nothing illegal - you still have those police checks waiting :) The thing is, it would be advantageous to us for nothing to happen until April - that way, we don't need to worry about finding the AOS Bond. It's just not knowing! I asked our Migration agent what the chances were and he said they wouldn't take us on if we didn't have a strong chance. I guess we have as good a chance as anyone else.

Choobs

Guest wfourie

know the feeling despite being told it would be Feb before case officer assigned still check email each day! To scared to sell house but want to push forward.

Worst bit is they are offering redundancy at work have to give answer this next week what happens if all falls through ? but what happens if it doesn't can Iafford to give up 10 months salary tax free or would I realistically need to work anyway for another 10 months?

AAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhh

COME ON DIMIA EMAIL ME WITH SOME NEWS SO I CAN DECIDE

know the feeling despite being told it would be Feb before case officer assigned still check email each day! To scared to sell house but want to push forward.

Worst bit is they are offering redundancy at work have to give answer this next week what happens if all falls through ? but what happens if it doesn't can Iafford to give up 10 months salary tax free or would I realistically need to work anyway for another 10 months?

AAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhh

COME ON DIMIA EMAIL ME WITH SOME NEWS SO I CAN DECIDE

Once we made the decision that we were moving anyway, it became easier. We put the house on the market early because it's quite a big expensive house but it's not in a great area, so we thought it would take ages to shift it. Turns out it sold in the first month! It looks like we'll be renting for a while come April. As for the job - it depends if you're in a position to do contract work. I have a new job starting on Feb 6th which will keep me going, but it just all seems to be happening at once!

Anyway, fret not - I'm sure we'll all get there in the end. I hope so at least - I've spent a fortune on this! :)

Choobs

Guest glennandkate

You surprise me Choobs, you're normally the positive one on this site giving hope to others....

You'll be fine. As your agent said they don't normally take people on if they dont think they will get through.

We have the same ideas as you. If this doesn't work we will go elsewhere. We were looking at Canada for a backup but the immigration process there is at least 39 months at present (dont fancy that at all). So we are now looking into France or Italy as a back up. I think this is what is helping me not worry about getting to Oz because even though it would be the best place for the family there are other places which are better than here - I am determined to be an IMMIGRANT :D

Chin up

Katie

You surprise me Choobs, you're normally the positive one on this site giving hope to others....

You'll be fine. As your agent said they don't normally take people on if they dont think they will get through.

We have the same ideas as you. If this doesn't work we will go elsewhere. We were looking at Canada for a backup but the immigration process there is at least 39 months at present (dont fancy that at all). So we are now looking into France or Italy as a back up. I think this is what is helping me not worry about getting to Oz because even though it would be the best place for the family there are other places which are better than here - I am determined to be an IMMIGRANT :D

Chin up

Katie

I know, I know - I have no grounds whatsoever for being so negative. I think it was just easier when we were busily doing assessments, filling forms, gathering information and so on. It's the waiting that's driving me nuts :)

As well as that, with the house being sold, it's all become very real and we're counting on it so much.

Anyhoo - I think we need to try and find something to occupy ourselves for the next few months :)

Choobs

• 2 months later...
Guest Donnamarie

Hi, i feel the same, although i haven't started the process yet. I think that i won't get picked. can you tell me how the relative sponsorship works. we have aunt and uncle in perth but they are elderly, just wondered what they have to do and do you still need to have one of their skilled jobs. thanks Donna x

Archived