license to work plumber/gas fitter

Guest Dilks Family

Guest Dilks Family

Hi All, i am a self employed plumber/gas fitter hoping to move to victoria asap. Just waiting to be called for meds and police checks. I have been looking at adverts for jobs and was wondering what is meant by license to work? Will my uk qualifications and certificates etc be sufficient when applying for jobs ? Will i have to obtain a license as well ? Many thanks and good luck to all in the process of going to oz. Brian.

Guest ABCDiamond

You will need to get a licence registered in the State you are going to.

I don't know much about these, but it can take time to obtain, and until then you would have to work under supervision, no matter how good you are. It may be frustrating, as you may even find you are being supervised by someone less experienced than you, although they have a State Licence. But it all gets better once you have that licence :)

An answer from a Plumber in Victoria would be of great help to you, with exact details.

• 2 months later...

Hi Brian,

You sound at about the same stage as us. My hubby, Rich is a plumber/gas fitter. We lodged ou visa app. just over a week ago. This is the first I've heard about a licence to work. You don't mean the TRA certificate do you?

We'll be watching this post. Rich has been self emloyed working with his Dad for over ten years now, he's not going to take to being supervised too well, I'm pretty sure of that!

All the best Beki

Archived