Reception class

Guest matt&dan

Guest matt&dan

Hello everyone

Just a quick question, we leave for the Gold Coast on the 26 December 2007, our children will be 6 and 3. My question is my 6 year old is in reception year at the moment and will be starting year 1 in September, what year will she be in when the OZ schools go back in January 2008.

Thanks

Guest BOOBEAR

Hi ya,

Where hoping to be on the sunshine coast at Xmas and my eldest is going into yr 1 sept and as far as I know he will start yr1 again in Jan 2008.

Caroline:wubclub:

Guest thepriceclan

Hi,

My 6 year old is in year 1 now in the uk and he will be going into year 2 here in September. In Oz he will go back into year 1 when we get there in October and go into year 2 when they go back to school in Feb 2008.

What month is your child born in? As far as I have been able to make out is that the school year is the same as here but 5 months later. So if you start year 1 here in September, you will start in year 1 in February 2008 in Australia.

The only difference is that over here the cut off date for school years is September 1st - August 31st.

In Oz I read somewhere it was 1st July - 30th June.

I hope this all makes sense.

Sarah.

Guest Davidgolf

Our daughter is in yr 4 at the mo and she starts her new school in oz oct 8th but she will go back into yr 4 there , she gutted as if she stayed here she would be going into yr 5.

Guest thepriceclan

She wont be in year 4 for long, only until 8th December. She probably won't notice as she will be making new friends and it will all be new to her anyway.

Sarah

Guest matt&dan

My daughter will be 6 in October, so after reading your replies when she starts school in Jan/Feb 08 she will start year 1 again.

Thanks for that

Guest thepriceclan

The only problem you will have is if you decide to go back to the uk. As you repeat some of your school year in Oz, if you leave and go back you to the uk you will actually miss half a year and will be behind.

Not planning on doing that though!

Sarah.

Archived