vehicle body builder

Guest pete n kim

Guest pete n kim

i have my tra and have been looking on the web for jobs in this trade and have not found a lot just wondering if there is any one doing this and looking on here welding jobs and whether you have any idea what people get paid for doing it thanks for any help

Hi Pete & Kim

Sorry but I don't know anything about your trade but a little search on the web

www.careerone.com.au

and this came up and some more

RE-CAR

WELDERS / BODY BUILDERS

Re-Car is Australia's largest wholly owned heavy vehicle repair network with workshops in Townsville, Brisbane, Newcastle, Wagga and Melbourne.

We currently have vacancies at our Melbourne (Mulgrave) workshop for two enthusiastic persons to take up positions in the Welding shop.

Ideally, we are seeking trade qualified people with experience in steel and aluminium welding relating to heavy transport equipment and bull bar repair. We will also consider 3rd or 4th year apprentices looking to complete trade qualifications.

If you'd like to join Australia's best truck repair team, we'd like to hear from you. Above award rates will be offered to the right candidate.

Call David Dean on 8545 1000 Re - Car:

Integrity Quality Professionalism

unquote

Not sure if this is what you do, but unfortunately it doesn't give the pay??

Will keep me eyes and ears peeled :yes:

Guest pete n kim

thank you very much that sounds perfect i am a commercial body builder by trade and have been building lorrys for the last 18 years so would like to continue in that trade as it intrests me thank you for your help

Guest ShaunaO
thank you very much that sounds perfect i am a commercial body builder by trade and have been building lorrys for the last 18 years so would like to continue in that trade as it intrests me thank you for your help

Hi there

Not sure if you are in Australia yet but trade qualified welders are in extremely short supply. Rates vary a lot depending on where you work - what city/state are you in/heading for? One of my clients in South Australia would snap you up in a heart beat - put it that way! If you want to talk to someone directly involved in employing your trade I can put you in contact.

Cheers

Shauna.

Guest pete n kim

hi shauna0 thanks for the reply my wife and i have been thinking about brisbane area but we have no contacts in any area so are free to go where we like or where my job is best suited for the last 8 years i have been involved in some of the most modern designed tippers in the country i would be most appreciative if you could put me in touch with your client thanks again and do you think i could get sponsored and how do you do this

Guest ShaunaO

Hi Pete

I'm going to suggest you get directly in touch with Nic Matthews who works onsite with our client - she will be able to give you top notch advice.

I suspect though that you would be much better off putting in your own perm residency application than going after sponsorship. I know its not cheap and that you don't get your fee back if you are unsuccessful however not many Aussie employers sponsor trades and you are tied to that employer if you do get sponsored. Also most people who are sponsored end up wanting to stay permanently anyway and its a stressful process to put yourself through once you are here.

Anyway, Nic's email address is nicola.matthews@tenix.com. I have had a chat to her and she knows you will be in touch.

Bye for now.

Shauna.

Guest pete n kim

thanks shauna for the info and the help i am just about to email nic i will let you know the out come thank you ever so much for your help all the best to you

Archived