subclass 461

Guest victorbon

Guest victorbon

Hi,

I am a NZ citizen and my wife has got this 461 visa 2 years back and now we would like to move to Australia. She travelled before on a visitor visa, including myself (NZ citizen). After getting the 461 visa can she travel alone to Australia and secure a job or do we have to travel together. I would appreciate if someone can please help me with this query.

Guest proud2beaussie

It is my understanding that 461 visa holders can only travel with a family member who is a NZ citizen.

I can't be definete about this but that is how I read this paragraph from the IMMI website.

Family Members

New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 461)

How this Visa Works

This visa allows non-New Zealand citizens to travel to and live in Australia with a New Zealand citizen family member who is a Special Category visa holder.

I suggest that you either send a PM to one of the migration agents here on PIO or alternatively ring DIAC and ask them.

Good Luck.

Guest victorbon
It is my understanding that 461 visa holders can only travel with a family member who is a NZ citizen.

I can't be definete about this but that is how I read this paragraph from the IMMI website.

I suggest that you either send a PM to one of the migration agents here on PIO or alternatively ring DIAC and ask them.

Good Luck.

I have spoken to the DIAC and they have advise that we can live and work irrespectively. So it is good that my wife can now visit Aus.

Guest victorbon

I have spoken to the DIAC and they have advised that she can live and work irrespectively. So, she can travel now to AUs.

Archived