Aqis - Emirates - Cargo??- trans-ship dogs (?) arghh!

Guest crazyfox

Guest crazyfox

:wacko: Hi everyone!

We are soooo confused, stressed etc...

My kids and I are planning to join my brother in Sydeny in 8-10 weeks. Have been planning and selling for nearly 2 years and have decided to bite the bullet and rent my house and just go! sooo excited!

Heres the possible problems:

1: Can I take my dogs on a tourist visa? (till I find a teaching job) either a three month or six month visa.

2: I have found a n airline which, so long as my dogs and crate are not over 32kg, will allow them to travel as backage in cargo (?)/luggage area for free!!! plus 70 GBP as they are 2kg over 30kg total weight. (Any more than 32kg they would need to go via emirates sky-cargo)

This is where the problem lies, as AQIS state that they have to travel in Cargo, not in passenger (?), does that mean they can travel in cargo on the same plane as us?? or they cannot travel in same plane, and need to go on a specific cargo based flight? so bl@@dy confused!! :confused:

Secondly, AQIs say they can travel via Dubia, so long as they don't trans-ship, however, the flight is direct, but changing planes in Dubai from UK, less than three hour turnaround. they dont touch dubai ground, but do transfer???

Cannot seem to find much info from AQIs on these two matters, head is FRIEDDDD !

:arghh: PLEASEEEE HELPPPP!! I am traveling with twin sister (yes twins by definition!!) labradors, one weigh 26kg the other 27kg , choc n black! 1 yr old munchkins

thanks Crazyfox xxx

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi and welcome to PIO.

A couple of questions, please can you let me know, are you and the dogs coming from the UK? Have you got an import permit organised and quarantine booked over here?

Now you can bring your dogs over whilst you are on a temp visa no problem at all, however, as you are only coming over for a 3-6 month stay you are going to struggle and as you are wanting to be out here in 8 weeks I seriously would try and leave them with someone in the UK (if that's where you are coming from). Now the reason I say this is that bringing the dogs over is probably the easiest step and they will only have 30 days quarantine on arrival, however, if you return home in 3 months and you don't have the pet passport set up (6 months process) you are going to be looking at quarantine in the UK for 6 months.

Also, I am unsure how you have managed to secure free flights for the dogs, I have never heard of this and would definitely be interested in researching this further if I was you.

The things you need to remember are:

Import Permit

Quarantine in Australia

Export Paperwork from DEFRA

Vaccinations

Blood Samples

Final Health Check

Hope this helps, if not please feel free to pm me (Although I work in relocation now I was in the veterinary field prior both in the UK and here)

Archived