why do so many people go to Perth

Guest fred

We have just spent two weeks in and around perth and we just dont see the apeal.

OK so its clean and spacious but its so remote and if you head inland its just thousands of km's of wheat fields. Even Australians from other areas dont bother going there !

For us Victoiria and NSW were much more apealing, green rolling landscapes with cattle and fruit farms in abundance. We also found that Australians on the East coast were much more cosmopolitan and liberaly minded.

Just personal opinions I know but for anybody thinking of moving to WA make sure you have visited first.

PS Freemantle is really pretty and I would thouroughly recomend the warehouse on the quay that brews its own fantastic beer !

• 2 months later...

I agree Perth is a beautiful place to live and everything you said is true.I have lived here 7+ years.But after 2-3 years when you have done the beaches to death and KIngs park and you have been down South a few times Perth is pretty boring,especally when you have visitors coming out for the 3-4 time it makes it really difficult to find new things to do.

If over East many more oppertunitys and if I had my time again proberbly look Brisbane,Gold Coast.

Good luck. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

We're going to Perth because we've heard that its economy is developing at speed, lots of building work going, therefore plenty of work and that it's a wonderful place to bring up a family. Also the climate is exactly what we're after and the sun sets into the Ocean, what more could you want in life? Another reason is that it has been said that overall not as expensive or busy as Sydney, which was where we had originally thought of going.

As for, "so many people going there" not that many, this forum for example, there aren't that many really, I don't think. Is anyone else going to Perth or surrounding areas? Anyone who's already there am I right in what I think and what I've been told about Perth? 8)

Beki

Guest ABCDiamond
Hi Folks,

We're going to Perth because we've heard that its economy is developing at speed, lots of building work going, therefore plenty of work and that it's a wonderful place to bring up a family. Also the climate is exactly what we're after and the sun sets into the Ocean, what more could you want in life? Another reason is that it has been said that overall not as expensive or busy as Sydney, which was where we had originally thought of going.

As for, "so many people going there" not that many, this forum for example, there aren't that many really, I don't think. Is anyone else going to Perth or surrounding areas? Anyone who's already there am I right in what I think and what I've been told about Perth? 8)

Beki

Beki

Perth is still nearly the most popular destination for British Migrants, and has the highest % of British born out of all the States.

% of total population British born at 2001 census

Perth 12% , WA 11%

Brisbane 6%, QLD 5%

Sydney 5%, NSW 4%

Melbourne 5%, VIC 4%

Adelaide 9%, SA 8%

Hobart 5%, TAS 5%

Two recent polls that I saw had these results for Brits moving to Australia:

30.48% Queensland

28.46% WA

16.88% Victoria

12.85% NSW