Hello

Addy

Just wanted to say hi as I'm a new member. I have been living in Australia for just over a year and so far so good. We live near the CBD in Adelaide but within 20 minutes of the beach, which suits us fine.

We had a hell of a time getting our visas, which included the sacking of an agent, but since then it has been onwards and upwards. :wubclub:

Welcome - where are you currently living North, South, East or West of the city?

At the moment we are renting just north of the CBD, but we are thinking of buying in the East when the lease is up next year.

Where are you Zoot?

I am currently just West of the city, little beyond Mile End so well located for the city but am always investigating other areas. When I first came over stayed in the North East for a bit but had a really dodgy house mate and the house was quite far from shops and transport so where I am currently suits me better. I have heard great things about the East - any particular areas you looking at or wait until closer the time and then see what takes your fancy (and of course what your pocket can afford).

I am currently just West of the city, little beyond Mile End so well located for the city but am always investigating other areas. When I first came over stayed in the North East for a bit but had a really dodgy house mate and the house was quite far from shops and transport so where I am currently suits me better. I have heard great things about the East - any particular areas you looking at or wait until closer the time and then see what takes your fancy (and of course what your pocket can afford).

That's the trouble with Adelaide, there are lots of little hidden areas which need to be found! We are in the little triangle between the North East Road and Main North Road. It's a nice area - but we have an office in the East so are looking to move over that way. We would be looking at Kensingon/ Kensington Gardens / Norwood way but we don't have a fixed idea yet. Went to Wattle Park this weekend and thought it was just great until we looked up the prices on Real estate.com :arghh:

Archived