carpenters & joiners in Perth

Guest carpenter

Guest carpenter

Hi everybody!

We're moving out to Perth at the end of August, and I was wondering if anybody had any advice on finding work as a carpenter and joiner. I hear there's plenty work for the trades over there- is that your experience.

Great site, by the way.

Guest alfixie

Hi

Have been watching your thread as OH is a chipie, as you have had no answers we contacted friends yesterday in Perth, chipie work is everywhere signs on most sites for trades so you will have no prob getting work, for tax reasons they said its better if you go self employed as paye you pay quite a bit more! Also there is demand for for jobs to be done round the house if you fancy running an add in the paper, OH thinks that is sometimes a pain and hates fitting kitchens!! But could mean earning cash.

Anyway good luck, we hope to be out there by the end of the year, let us know how you get on for work.

Marina

Guest carpenter

Thanks Alfixie,

Re-reading my thread once it was posted I realised that it was quite vague. I guess what I was really wanting to know were things like:

Did anybody experience any difficulties with employers recognising their trade? My understanding is that carpenters and joiners don't need to be licenced like sparkies or plumbers in WA, has anybody found otherwise?

The old perennial: what sort of wages are talking about?

Archived