'LOST'........My positivity

cartertucker

Guest Sebbers

Hi Kelly,

Just read your post and I really do feel for you, don't be too down hearted, if there's one thing I've learned from this whole process they really do like to keep you guessing. You've been through so much like many of us that use this site. There were times when we felt like throwing in the towel but hey it does come to those that wait, your time will come and very soon I hope.

Keep your chin up as I have a feeling you will be shouting from the rooftops very soon.

Andrea

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have lost all my positivity.....:frown:

I am really feeling down about the visa journey....

Not usually one to feel sorry for myself, so my apologies!

I hope I can find it again soon.....Will keep searching!....:skeptical:

Hey,

Don't give up matey! I know its frustrating, but we'll all get there in the end.

At least we have the Great British summer to look forward to, as well as the World Cup and Wimbledon to take our minds off DIAC for a while. By the time they're over, the State Migration Plans should be close to publication which could bring GREAT news to many of us. Finger crossed.

The most frustrating thing for me is when family and friends keep asking 'so when are you moving to Oz' and I have to keep saying 'I don't know'! I sold my house ages ago, and many of my possessions are packed in boxes labelled "OZ". The one thing I do tell family and friends is that it WILL happen and when it does, the wait will have been worth it.

Chin up! :biggrin:

Michael.

Guest Loopy Loo

Can I add some of my frustration too ? I have been out in NSW since end Feb and the purpose was to discuss possibilities with a company I used to work for in Africa. All looked good, discussions were positive and they were happy to sponsor me, even asked me to extend my stay so we could get the sponsorship finalised (which I did and my flight back is 23 June) - fantastic you may think. Then 10 days ago they pulled the rug out from under my feet and said that due to budget cuts, they can't sponsor me anymore. Dream shattered in a single phone call. Now I can't get back home before 23 June 'cos Qantas are still trying to deal with backlog. So here I am still, surrounded daily by the country I want to live in and knowing that my chances are probably pretty slim now. It's soul destroying. I'm trying to use my time to find other companies that may be willing to sponsor me....wish me luck ! Good luck to everyone out there that is trying to live their dream too. May your wish come true - even if it takes a while :arghh::arghh:

Hi Alan, I just meant that for some people, calling DIAC personally or sending numerous PLE or emails seems to speed things up. Seems to remind them that you're there....I dont know maybe coincidence. Obviously agents wont be staying up till 3am calling DIAC on their clients behalf. Thats not to say you dont do a fantastic job as everyone knows most good agents do, just that the situation is kind of out of your hands when you use an agent as you lose the right to communicate directly with DIAC. I know that that would not have worked for me personally though I know it works for others. Each to their own. What I should have said was 'lean heavily on' or 'pester' your agent to contact DIAC on your behalf. Apologies if I offended you.

Those of us who are in Australia don't have to stay up to 3am to contact DIAC ... the moral perhaps being to ensure you have an agent who is in the right time zone to lobby on your behalf as needs arise ...?

Best regards.

Guest guest17301

As I said Alan, sorry I offended you. I would be interested to know if agents do indeed telephone DIAC direct to ask the status of clients applications and at what point in the proceedings? I only ask as i know how frustrating it was for me to call, be placed on hold or not get through at all, then rely on getting a sympathetic,on the ball customer service agent who gives more than the standard answer..in a queue blah blah blah....

I was lucky the last time I called, the agent assured me she would do all she could and put notes on my file etc

It's OK Fiona - no offence taken.

I can't speak for other agents insofar as dealing with DIAC is concerned. For my part I know what I am prepared to do on behalf of my clients, and am comfortable that I have the balance right.

Best regards.

Archived