'LOST'........My positivity

cartertucker

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have lost all my positivity.....:frown:

I am really feeling down about the visa journey....

Not usually one to feel sorry for myself, so my apologies!

I hope I can find it again soon.....Will keep searching!....:skeptical:

Join the club. I think since deciding to move to Australia I have experienced some of the worst depression in my life. Far too many ups and downs. Hopefully it will all be over soon. The SMP is the biggest key for me, and once I know whats happening with that, I will feel much better about making plans for the future.

Guest bindog1uk

Feeling very much the same at the moment, just when you think things are getting within your reach it seems to be taken away again. Every time we're given dates for news and you build up your hopes they seem to be dashed every time, frustrating. Think I have now resigned myself that it will be another year, not this one and can I be bothered:arghh: Do you think this mood is contageous, CHIN UP, Lesley

Hey You!

Don't you dare get down you are our rock and if your going down you are gonna take PIO with you!!!:biglaugh:

Its so awful what you are going through and I so wish this is sorted soon, but you know in your heart of hearts it will be, and success is in sniffing distance and you will get it they just want to make sure you are a gibbering wreck before you get there :goofy:

Chin up my lovely its gonna happen and when it does we are really going to look back at this and you are going to think how lucky am I?

In the meantime as many :hug: as I can muster. Try and have a great weekend.

Come on Diac sort the visa out for this woman!!

Don't blame you Kelly, you have had a fair old wait.

Everything crossed that you hear soon

Emma

x :hug: x

Sorry to hear that you are feeling like that. It is hard at times but when I feel like that I just look at my son and think about why we started this process. I think we will get there one day and in the meantime we have to go on as normal for our sons sake.

Hope you feel better tomorrow and if you don't then you have got all us lot on here to cheer you up!!!!!!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Jules

Guest siamsusie

Hang in there!! it will happen and heres a hug:hug:Susie x

Ditto Feeling I have been lodged about 12 months now going on reccie in 28 days which we hoped would have been to validate. Gutted, kids are gutted fed up.:mad:

gonna go and sulk some more, glad to know it's not just me that is fed up.

chin up:wacko:

no no no kelly!!!!!! you are our positivity!!!!! awwwwwwwwwwww:hug: wish i could wave a magic wand for you hun, good things come to them that wait and you have waited soooooo long its going to be bloody fantastic!!!!!!!!

love shez x x

Guest sunnyday

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you want me to phone them hun and shout a bit:mad:, because I will if you want me to???????

You must not think of visas over the weekend and when you wake on Tuesday morning your positivity will be restored ( I know these things you see:wink:)

Please, please, please let it be soon because I am getting very annoyed at DIAC messing about our Kelly xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

Guest Chinabird

Hi everyone

Fingers crossed for you all and hope you get your visas very very soon.

Try to stay positive, I know it's hard to when they keep making changes but hopefully each day is a step closer.

Ali x

Guest gary12

It is hard when it's your dream and just when you think you are there things change. My advice is not to put your life on hold whilst waiting. So many of us do and miss out on things. For us it was silly things like not decorating etc in the house which we ended up having to get done after we left in order to rent the house so we didn't get the benefit yet still had to pay. Holidays, day trips etc not done in order to save for the move.

Do something nice over the bank holiday weekend leave all thoughts of the visa behind and then come next week that positive thinking will be back.

best of luck

Michelle

I haven't lost mine. After being dumped by the Australian government, (Pre-Sept 2007 applicant) I decided not to make part of this joke anymore and applied for a Canada permanent visa. Just on Thursday my full application reached the Canadian Consulate in Sydney NSW.

Cheers

You're a long way into the journey now, but I can imagine the frustration after a year of waiting. It is so hard having life on hold and everyone has ups and downs about it. I've made a list of things I want to do before I leave the UK and started trying to do some of them - just silly stuff like visiting the Eden Project, going to see various old friends. I'm trying not to spend cash doing it, but it does take my mind off the wait. I'll probably get shouted at for saying this, but the other thing is to take some time out from PIO so that you can get a mental break from it all. Enjoy your bank holiday weekend and hope you feel back on form soon!

Guest The Pom Queen

Oh Kelly hun, you have been through the mill with this visa process, but hang in there girl, they say that good things come to those who wait.

Big hugs

Kate

Guest Rickard Family
I have lost all my positivity.....

I hope I can find it again soon.....Will keep searching!....

C'mon Kelly keep your chin up:hug: it's not at all like you!! you are always so positive on here for everyone!

just hang in there...great things come to those who wait! & wait lol

This process is so unfair i know exactly where you are coming from we have laughed & cried all the way through this process...even thrown in the towel a couple of times...then picked it back up because we have come to far to fail!

but so i have been told once you get to the end of the journey it is so so worth all the blood sweat & tears!

so to return the favour if you need any of us we are all here for you!

Have you got Facebook? can always catch up on there!

take care

Lou xx

Aww, I hope you get it back soon. It is hard to keep positive, and it's difficult to remain positive 24/7, but when you're feeling down about things, just think of the future and how the wait will be worth it in the end :) and don't give up. Giving up is for losers!!! :)

"Com'on roll up, roll up... take your pick on the lucky dip!... When will it be your turn to be picked from the lucky dip?"

Perhaps that should the new logo for the DIAC hey... It is like a lucky dip... not knowing When, How and If is the hardest in all this waiting game... I do understand your frustrations hun (I am starting to wither now too!)

BUT! I do predict from my crystal ball that you will be hearing very soon... I reckon perhaps in the next month you will be on here jumping for joy! Just you wait and see!:hug:

You know where I am if you need me x:v_SPIN:

"Com'on roll up, roll up... take your pick on the lucky dip!... When will it be your turn to be picked from the lucky dip?"

Perhaps that should the new logo for the DIAC hey... It is like a lucky dip... not knowing When, How and If is the hardest in all this waiting game... I do understand your frustrations hun (I am starting to wither now too!)

BUT! I do predict from my crystal ball that you will be hearing very soon... I reckon perhaps in the next month you will be on here jumping for joy! Just you wait and see!:hug:

You know where I am if you need me x:v_SPIN:

Could not have put it better myself, a crystal ball is what you need but it is going happen I too reckon its very soon!

I don't blame you one bit, its hardly surprising and you have no reason to apologise either,you have every right to have days were your fed up. your timeline is similar to ours and some days its really hard to keep positive, but we must, we will get there in the end and be all the more grateful for it.

Hope you feel better soon as your posts always help to keep me positive :hug::hug:

Hi Kelly

I echo what everyone else say. Keep your head up and yes maybe take a break from PIO . I did for a little while as it does get very frustrating. My agent told me to keep off the forum but to be honest I think you find out info quicker on here from Gill and Alan Collett etc.

My wife said to me yesterday that I looked down and didn't seem positive about Oz anymore. I reminded her that I want to take our family there for a better life and if it means we have to wait a little longer than we will wait.

We all have our own reasons for choosing down under and we must remember them and that should be enough to get us through. Its a big move although very frustrating but talking to people on PIO knowing we are on the same ride and the majority of the time making light of the situation helps us muddle along.

So lets all keep smiling , chatting and dreaming

:wink:

Shane x

Guest AussieNic

I have been in your boat, cried, screamed, given in (for about 12 minutes), fought and cried some more. Waiting is the worst bit but all I can say (for myself and my family) the wait was worth it. I say you can only experience true joy after great sorrow.

Good luck and keep your pecker up. :biggrin:

Guest clivenbev

Hi Kelly, we know exactly how you feel. We had our 175 visa loadged in Feb 09. We then applied for SS with QLD in April 09. We were told that processing times for this were about 8-10 weeks. We received our SS in Jan 2010 after waiting 32 weeks. We were so excited when we started this journey and up to a point things were going great then 23/9 happened. Well what can I say ! We feel so depressed and frusterated. The thing is there are thousands of other people in the same boat as us. One of the best things I've done is join PiO because you can talk to others who are in the same situation. Keep your chin up and keep focused thats what we are trying to do.

Bev.

Guest GemandJay

Oh Kelly noooooo we rely on you for ALL your positive thoughts info and advice. I really do feel for you and wish I could help make it better. I wonder if the DIAC realise what us PIO's go through?? Please keep smiling don't let it ruin your dream xx Feel the same as you, but just keep telling myself it'll be so worth it when it finally does happen.

xx

:hug::hug::hug: BIG HUGE HUGS xx

Archived