Buyers Advocate

Guest pj

Hey folks

I'd be interested to know if anyone has engaged a buyers advocate to help them navigate the house-buying system in Oz.

We're based in Melbourne, have now got PR but terrified by the volume of buyers active in the areas we're looking at.

Let me know if you have, general idea of the costs and if you're recommend them. To those who've never heard of a BA, they charge a % fee to find and negotiate the purchase of your new pad.

Thanks in advance

Pj

dont quite get the idea of paying someone to haggle for you ,maybe its because hubby is so tight he haggles about everything.!!And surely you'd want to research areas and property to see where you like,we did everything ourselves ,its all pretty straight forwarded and the satisfaction of being able to move into your own home is bliss and well worth the stresses the visa brought.

Cal x

Guest newnico
dont quite get the idea of paying someone to haggle for you ,maybe its because hubby is so tight he haggles about everything.!!And surely you'd want to research areas and property to see where you like,we did everything ourselves ,its all pretty straight forwarded and the satisfaction of being able to move into your own home is bliss and well worth the stresses the visa brought.

Cal x

No, I can see the point in Melbourne, where they have auctions (which most of us aren't used to) and where the agents quote prices 30% lower than the final price achieved, which for people who don't yet know the market makes it risky. I'd definitely be interested, because the fee could save you money and also prevent a big mistake.

Archived