How much tax do you pay in oz

Guest MarkandTrace

Guest MarkandTrace

Hi,Help please:unsure:

What sort of deductions would you expect to pay in tax and Insurance say for argument sake if you earned in the region of $41000 or $800 a week,just supposing.

Any help in this would be gratefully received.:)

Guest Abi&Dan

My sister would be able to answer this - but she'll be in bed now!!

However, I asked her a similar question a while ago and she confirmed that he OH pays around 20% tax. They have similar benefits such as thresholds etc like in the UK but essentially if your a basic rate tax payer it works out at around 20% overall (and I believe this does include the medicare premium as well).

People talk about Oz having really high tax - I think it's 48% for higher rate payers!!

Guest MarkandTrace

Thank you Abi...

So its best to stay in a lower tax band..If you could ask your Sister at some point how much this would be great.

Cheers.

Trace..:)

quote=Abi&Dan;118823]My sister would be able to answer this - but she'll be in bed now!!

However, I asked her a similar question a while ago and she confirmed that he OH pays around 20% tax. They have similar benefits such as thresholds etc like in the UK but essentially if your a basic rate tax payer it works out at around 20% overall (and I believe this does include the medicare premium as well).

People talk about Oz having really high tax - I think it's 48% for higher rate payers!!

Archived