Word Of Warning - Flights & DVT!!

xTINKSx

Hey Guys,

For those flying to / from Oz, please please make sure you walk around the cabin etc and take precautions to prevent Deep Vein Thrombosis.

My mum n poor dad came over a month or so ago for a visit. During this time my dads feet and legs swelled even though he wore flight socks. We didnt really take too much notice, thought it was normal (mine took a good week to go down when we came out) and he was also very jetlagged so tended to sleep quite a bit here (plus the fact hes getting on a bit). They returned home about 3 weeks ago.

Anyhoo, I get a phone call from my mum last week to say that my dad had Deep Vein Thrombosis. His legs had been "playing him up and were still swollen" so he took his self off to the docs then the hospital where it was confirmed. Fortunately he is getting treated, is having to inject himself twice a day in the tummy and hopefully it should sort itself out. He will still be able to fly but will have to get injections in the future.

So..... please please make sure you walk around during the flight, keep your legs and feet as active as possible - wear flight socks.

I hate to think how bad it could have been.

Archived