Moving back, what to take?

Guest missmel

Guest missmel

Hi all, I've been here for TEN years!! Had an awesome twenties but now as I'm planning on settling down feel it's time to go home.

So obviously lots of things to sort but one simple question is will my electrical goods, work in the uk ?

I'm thinking DVD and TV do we in OZ use the same tv singnal as the UK ??

Any tips greatly appreciated

Guest chris955

Yes it seems that new digital TV's work fine as they rely on a digital tuner for their picture and sound. The DVD should work but they can be a little tricky as their are different zones around the world and not all players work in all zones. Any other appliance is fine.

Guest dsmstalley

:biggrin:

Hi just moved back after 8 years in Oz, Thanks to all you guys who responded to my questions about this topic. This is what we did we contacted Panasonic who confirmed the details of our TV. The newer ones will work over in the UK as the PAL region is wider, some will work without but most need a digital set top box or satellite or cable TV tuner to work. We are waiting to be connected to cable but in the interim we have bought a digital receiver and it works fine. Just one word of warning our Oz TV does not have a SCART socket but has HDMI and we were limited to buy one with an HDMI connection to make the thing work.

Our container has arrived this week and apart from the customs charges and dock charges everything has gone smoothly something we were a bit unaware of but is done now

Happy days back in the cold

Guest onwayhome

We have been told that our TV's bought about 4 years ago in Aus will work when we get back to the UK if we use a set-top box.

Not sure they will work without but we would probably buy a set top box or get sky anyway so I guess it doesn't matter.

Archived