Would love to take st focus over to oz!

Guest orynoco

Guest Ruth27

much cheaper to take all your furniture than just 1 car!!!

Would have looved to have brought our A4 over but we calculated all costs inc ALL taxes to be about £11k......!!!

Guest The Pom Queen

To be honest, it really isn't worth shipping your car over: Importing a Car to Australia | Moving to Melbourne

In regards to furniture, unless it has sentimental values personally I think it is easier to buy once you are over here (although I know plenty of members who are very happy that they shipped everything over), you can pick up a furniture package for $1999 which includes sofas, bed, dining table etc.

Guest Tom the Pom

It always baffles me when pepole think about importing cars to Oz.

THEY HAVE CARS IN OZ TOO!!!

Unless your car is a rare and collectable item then you are wasting your money.

Guest Rob c
:arghh: COSTS OF REALLY TAKONG CARS AND FURNITURE:notworthy:

ST Focus would probably not be worth takin down there, a lot of High spec, Jap wagons , Skylines etc, Big V8s too FPV Falcons, and HSV Commodores, sell it here and buy yourself a nice Ford down there, u may be able to buy one there?

New Zealand is the the place for the ST, some great Rallying roads over there!!

Take a look at Ford Australia:cool:

Guest Ruth27

But the cars in Oz aren't as nice as those on UK roads! Down to the import tax on foreign cars....far too expensive!

Guest ChrisLan

When negotiating our move to Oz I included shipping of our 1976 Porsche 911 - not particularly valuable but 'good old fashioned seat of the pants engineering' - no power assisted brakes or steering etc. Fortunately it was over 30 years old so we only had to pay 10% GST but not 10% customs duty (or other way round) which would otherwise have been due on a newer car.

I had it detailed before we came over - steam cleaning at import ended the nice finish!

Had to have door impact bars fitted.

Strange QLDism - if you are selling your car you have to have a safety test (= MOT) every two months but otherwise it never needs checking again - quite a worry really!

Guest Rob c
But the cars in Oz aren't as nice as those on UK roads! Down to the import tax on foreign cars....far too expensive!

Cars are way nicer over there, they bring in a lot of American cars and trucks, Plus they build there own Australian Fords and Holdens both with American V8 engines, along with all the higher end Jap stuff, and there is plenty of Euro stuff there if you want it! I think the cars are way better over there,im my opinion, beats any of the Euro crap on the roads over here. Drive a proper V8 and u will see what i mean :), Petrol is a lot cheaper too :)

Archived