101 visas?

neilo

hi does anyone know how a older child (registered as a non-migrating child on our visa application) goes about gettin a visa?

our eldest son finishes uni in june and wants to join us in oz,hes looked at the 101 visa is this the right route for him?

also will he need a medical,policecheck and what is the time frame for this visa?

Guest Guest31881
hi does anyone know how a older child (registered as a non-migrating child on our visa application) goes about gettin a visa?

our eldest son finishes uni in june and wants to join us in oz,hes looked at the 101 visa is this the right route for him?

also will he need a medical,policecheck and what is the time frame for this visa?

Hi neilo,

I do not know much about these visas, but i think you will have to give more information to get an informed answer.

How old is son?

What visa are you using?

Is he dependent on you and can you prove it.

Why was he classed as non-migrating child?

Take a look at this web page from imigration site and check eligibility for this visa.This will show what you have to do as sponsor, and what he has to do as applicant.

Child Visa (Offshore) (Subclass 101)

thanks for that I will have a look.

he is 23 and was in the middle of his degree when we applied and came over to oz,now hes near to finishing he wants to come over and live with us.we came over on a 176 visa, we had to name any children that were not migrating with us at that time.

as for being dependant on us-when he leaves his shared accomodation in june he will be homeless!!

thanks again for your help

sharon

Guest Guest31881

Hi,

I would suggest that you contact a reputable agent for advice, there are several who post on here and are well thought of. He needs to know exactly where he stands regarding applying for a visa. They would explain what is needed to prove 'dependency', or they may have another route he could take to get here.

Archived