Printers in Melbourne?

Guest ezipizi

Guest ezipizi

Done it at last! on our way to Oz. Anyone out there living in and around Melbourne area and working in the Print trade? Any info would be a great help. thanx.:v_SPIN:

Guest tracy05

hi i have been in oz 13months now working for a big web printers in Sydney.I work for PMP .There are some nation wide companies you might want to look up on internet.Fairfax newspapers,Rural Press,PMP,Hannanprint.You might want to look into getting the trade certificate for printing,a lot of the big companies want it.Although you may have got your visa through trade recognition the cert is needed.You send all the same stuff ,referances,qualifications etc,but it can take a couple of months.Smaller sheetfed places may not want it but its handy to have.Email if you need any more info.Mick

Guest ezipizi

Thanks Mick, how do you find the wages compare to UK? from what I can see from advertised positions there seems to be a large variation. I am now in print Management & production, but run Heidelberg 102's 10 & 12 colour's for many years.

Guest tracy05

Hi,

Sorry not got back quicker, Mick had a quick operation for a hernia today so should be home tomorrow and he will get back to you. Thanks for the reply, speak to you soon. Tracy

Guest tracy05

The company i work for is web and i take home each week 1100 dolllars for 3 ,12 hour shifts then with my rostered overtime which is every other week i take home 1600 dollars .I think the shift managers are on about 100k basic a year.My basic is about 75k and that includes 25% shift allowance.Hope this helps.Stay in touch

Guest ezipizi

Thanks Mick, better than I thought with the wages. I'm on 48,000 basic + benifits here in england. speak soon, Daz

Archived