Work xperience references

Guest karni

Has anyone any advice on obtaining work experience references??

I am an accountant and will have around 5 contracting job references to obtain for the last 18 months, the majority of which are in Oz when I was there under a working holiday visa. Is it best to go through the recruitment agencies that got you the work and send them a draft letter wth 5 key job descriptions for them to sign and print out in headed paper.

Any advice would be much appreciated....

Hi, are you aware that the requirements have just changed - whereas you needed 12 out of the previous 18 months prior to application, now it is 3 out of the previous 4 years (Booklet 6).

What I did with my contracting role was to ask the agency to provide a reference and quoted them the requirements. I got everything I asked for apart from the 5 main duties, all they put was the job title. I enclosed a note in my application stating I did ask for the duties but the agency were not able to comment on that. Also for one of my perm roles, the HR dept said they were not able to comment on duties, I asked my old manager and she checked with HR and legally wasn't allowed to write anything on headed paper. So, luckily I had the job spec (detailing the duties) on headed paper from the original agency who found me the job and I enclosed that. Hopefully this is all acceptable - I've just sent off my application.

Hey,

Thanks for getting back to me on that...As for the 3 out of last 4 years rule, I was under the impression from Booklet 6 that this was a separate requirement in order to get points to make up the 120 requirement.

As I understand it 'recent' experience (ie 12 out of last 18 months) is a basic necessity in order to apply for the 136 visa (booklet 6 page 8)wheras 'specific' experience (ie 3 out of last 4 years) is an option for picking up points (10 points if your occupation is 60 points, 5 points if it is 40 or 50) (booklet 6 page 33).

If anyone can enlighten me further on this would be really appreciated as I do meet the 12 out of 18 months requirement but not the 3 out of last 4 years.

I am not with a migration agent so feel bit lost....

I'm not sure exactly to be honest, all I know is when I started getting my application together and looked at Booklet 6 it talked about the 12 / 18 months requirement, and just when I was finalising the application I wanted to double check things in Booklet 6, it had changed to 3 / 4 years...luckily I meet this as well so didn't really investigate further. Might be worth contacting the immigration department to find out.

Archived