parent visas

Guest trysnbec

Guest trysnbec

Hi all, new to this site and just wanting some advice about parent visas. My folks are hoping to come over later on in the year on a 6 month visa. My PR will be granted around the 5th-7th month of their stay so assuming my PR comes late and they get an 8504 imposed on their visa, what is the viability of them going to New Zealand? I have read on the forums that you can go over for as little as a week and return on a 3 month tourist visa. However my folks have seen a border security type series that showed a couple being refused entry into Oz because they just went to NZ. Does anyone know of similar cases where people got refused entry or know of people whove done it and been alloweed back in? I understand where people do the holiday to NZ several times, that the risk is higher but if they just did it once, would it be an issue?

Thanks for your help

Trys

Hi all, new to this site and just wanting some advice about parent visas. My folks are hoping to come over later on in the year on a 6 month visa. My PR will be granted around the 5th-7th month of their stay so assuming my PR comes late and they get an 8504 imposed on their visa, what is the viability of them going to New Zealand? I have read on the forums that you can go over for as little as a week and return on a 3 month tourist visa. However my folks have seen a border security type series that showed a couple being refused entry into Oz because they just went to NZ. Does anyone know of similar cases where people got refused entry or know of people whove done it and been alloweed back in? I understand where people do the holiday to NZ several times, that the risk is higher but if they just did it once, would it be an issue?

Thanks for your help

Trys

Immigration can refuse anyone entry if they think their intentions are not in line with the type of visa they have. You haven't indicated that your paretns have any ulterior motives, so assuming they just want to visit their daughter and enjoy a nice extended holiday at the other side of the world, I don't see why this would be an issue.

I was just wondering why you mentioned your PR though?

Archived