What if....'agreed' 176SS but not on SMP?

MouseBear

So I've been thinking....plenty of time for that at the mo......a few of us already have our State Sponsorships and signed agreements to live...work etc. in the particular state, but what would happen if the State Migration Plan lists come out and our occupations are not on our particular state BUT our profession is on a different State Migration Plan List?? Are we then suppose to re-apply to other states and try to get another State Sponsorship where we're needed, in the hope of that coveted 2nd priority processing position?? Or do we remain where we are and wait in line for the three years??

What do we think especially if the SMP lists come out at different times e.g. a SMP list comes out & your profession is on it but your own State's list has not come out yet? What would you do?:wubclub:

Guest Gollywobbler
So I've been thinking....plenty of time for that at the mo......a few of us already have our State Sponsorships and signed agreements to live...work etc. in the particular state, but what would happen if the State Migration Plan lists come out and our occupations are not on our particular state BUT our profession is on a different State Migration Plan List?? Do we, or are we allowed to, apply to other states and try to get another State Sponsorship in the hope of that coveted 2nd priority processing position?? Or do we have to remain where we are and wait in line for the three years plus??

What do we think especially if the SMP lists come out at different times e.g. a SMP list comes out & your profession is on it but your own State's list has not come out yet? What would you do?:wubclub:

Hi MouseBear

I think yu have asked one of the biggest un-answered questions, which is, "How does the Minister envisage that the new SMPs will actually work in practice?"

Indeed, has he actually thought about this question at all? Have any senior DIAC officers given the question any serious thought?

I ask because the States are all saying that the information that they have received from DIAC is so sketchy, brief and vague that the States say they haven't a clue what occupations to include in the SMPs when they have no information about how the SMPs are supposed to work once they are in use.

Let us say that Primary School Teacher is on the SMP for VIC but not for any other State. Wouldn't every Primary School Teacher swear on the grass being red that s/he has always intended to settle in VIC?

What safeguards does the Minister intend to introduce in order to prevent the SMPs from being abused and simply turning into a whole new version of Valhalla?

Cheers

Gill

Good point.

So those of us that have a SS could miss out again when the new lists come out. I'm not sure what they want us to do - do they want us to re-apply to somewhere else maybe to channel our occupations? The thing is we were all given sponsorships because we were needed in our profession in the state we applied to - so how can that change - they wouldn't have given us one if we weren't wanted?? It'd be nice if those with exisiting sponsorships could be processed first :) (I can dream)

Archived