Importing Heavy Machinery?

Guest Rouge

Guest siamsusie

Hi all has anyone imported a digger? If so was it very expensive / complicated?
:laugh: sorry Rouge, I am laughing here..... there is manpower here in Tasmania you know:hug:

Hi all has anyone imported a digger? If so was it very expensive / complicated?

Quite a few mates of mine have dingo's, bobcats & various excavators ranging from 5/7/12 ton. If you want I can ask about prices for used excavators compared to the UK.

I would imagine it will not be cheap to bring one over personally.

You could try speaking to somebody like these guys :

Autoshippers UK. International Car Shipping by Sea Container or RoRo ships.

Fastlane vehicle shipping|car shipping overseas|shipping worldwide|car transportation export

Hi furkew, I've had a look at a couple of machinery websites in aus & diggers etc seem very expensive, hence why we're looking into shipping costs but after reading problems people have had shipping cars / bikes etc I'm assuming it won't be straightforward & probably quite costly, hence the reason why machinery makes good money out there!! Thanks for the links.

Hi Siamsusie, great to hear there is manpower in Taz (lol), you know men though, they like their big toys to play with!! Plus diggers etc come in handy when you want to build your own house!

Hi furkew, I've had a look at a couple of machinery websites in aus & diggers etc seem very expensive, hence why we're looking into shipping costs but after reading problems people have had shipping cars / bikes etc I'm assuming it won't be straightforward & probably quite costly, hence the reason why machinery makes good money out there!! Thanks for the links.

what type/brand/size of digger is it?

What they advertise for and what they are actually worth can be a big difference.

Guest siamsusie

Hi Siamsusie, great to hear there is manpower in Taz (lol), you know men though, they like their big toys to play with!! Plus diggers etc come in handy when you want to build your own house!

Yes men and their sheds and toys Rouge.....your post just made me smile! :hug:

Hi furkew, well put it this way I've seen the identical digger to my OH's & it was $98,000, another slightly older more hours etc, $80,000, plus a few others inbetween! Which is more than double what we paid, even being a girlie I understand that the adverised price normally isn't the sale price :wink:.

Guest siamsusie

Posted at the same time Siamsusie, yes my OH wants a BIG shed with our next house !!
Oh yes, its a real Australian man's must have, the shed inavaribly is larger than the house:wink:

Hi furkew, well put it this way I've seen the identical digger to my OH's & it was $98,000, another slightly older more hours etc, $80,000, plus a few others inbetween! Which is more than double what we paid, even being a girlie I understand that the adverised price normally isn't the sale price :wink:.

Then its obviously not a 5 tonner.

PM me the type & weight & hours, and i'll find out what the real value is over here.

Yes men and their sheds and toys Rouge.....your post just made me smile! :hug:

one of my mates has just finished his shed.

20m x 50m. (might actually be a bit bigger)

It fits a LOT of toys !! which is probably good, because he has quite a few.

Guest siamsusie
one of my mates has just finished his shed.

20m x 50m. (might actually be a bit bigger)

It fits a LOT of toys !! which is probably good, because he has quite a few.

Great Furkew, I hardly see homes without sheds here... I have my own wee tool box pink it is with wonderful pretty patterns on the tools, so I never have to venture into sheds! Btw thats more like a plan hanger:biggrin: Susie

Great Furkew, I hardly see homes without sheds here... I have my own wee tool box pink it is with wonderful pretty patterns on the tools, so I never have to venture into sheds! Btw thats more like a plan hanger Susie

I must admit, i've become a toy addict since moving here, so I understand the problem :biggrin:

I'm in the process of working out how big my extention needs to be for mine & the kids bikes :wink:

• 1 month later...
Guest Criks

About the machinery importing...

Where are you importing from? It'd cost more the further away the machinery is.

I know a good firm in the UK: Machinery removals | Machinery installations | Factory relocations | Heavy Haulage | Jack Nobbs & Son Ltd

The costs aren't too bad for the market and it wouldn't be at all complicated, they carry out all the work for you.

Archived