Help for a clueless mum please.

Guest kazatthemadhouse

Guest kazatthemadhouse

Hi . Just hoping that any teenagers out there will give me some advice about my own kids.

My daughter is 16 and doesnt want to move to Oz and my son is 14 and he doesnt mind.

Are there any teenagers already in Australia who didnt want to go ,but are glad they did and are there any who dont really like it?

What are the best things?

And the worst?

Any help appreciated.

Thank you

Karen ( mum to Carly & Craig)

Guest kdal
Hi . Just hoping that any teenagers out there will give me some advice about my own kids.

My daughter is 16 and doesnt want to move to Oz and my son is 14 and he doesnt mind.

Are there any teenagers already in Australia who didnt want to go ,but are glad they did and are there any who dont really like it?

And the worst?

Any help appreciated.

Thank you

Hello , Sorry have got my own user but Mum see this and called me.

I do not live in Australia yet but hope to be there next year. I am 16 in October and my bro 14 in November. We went to Austaralia December and jan and we thought it was gr8 the surf is so cool and the aussie are real friendly. Me and my brother can't wait to go wish it was this year though. I have a cousin that lives in Australia and she is 15 she went 18 months ago and she loves it has loads of friends and doesnt want to come back here. She often goes to local pool with her friends after school.

Tell Carly and Craig they will love it there

Luke

Guest kazatthemadhouse

Hi Luke,

Thanks for your reply.

Sounds like the outdoor life is really good in Oz.

I told my kids what you said and i think they believed it more coming from another teenager.

I`m sure the time will go really quickly and you will be there before you know it!!

Have fun when you do get there (dont forget to work hard too, of course - parents have to say that ;-) )

Thanks again.

Karen.

Guest donovan

And the worst?

Any help appreciated.

Thank you

Hiya Karen

Sorry can not help you with your question just wanted to let you know we used to live in Slippers Hill, Hemel Hempstead b4 we moved to Bedfordshire. We will be hopefully moving back when we have got rid of our house in the next few weeks to live with my husbands parents b4 we fly out to the Gold Coast in August

Sarahx

• 1 month later...
Guest Phyllis n Joe

Hi,

I have 2 teenagers and we moved to Oz (Gold Coast) 3 months ago, my son (14) loves it, thinks he has a lot more to do. my daughter doesn't like it at all she want to go back to Uk to live with my sister shes 15yrs, I've told her going back is not an option so we've had the silent treatment for 4 days now!!!

Phyllis

Guest wackyjacky

And the worst?

Any help appreciated.

Thank you

hI kaZ HAVE A LOOK AT THE REPLIESI GOTON WHAT TO TELL 13 YEAR OLD SON AS MY SON FRED DOSENT WANT TO GO GOT SOME LOVELY REPLIES , IT IS HARD AND I FEEL SO WICKED JUST HAVE TO KEEP TALKING TO THEM AND ABOUT ALL THE GOOD THINGS THERE. bY THE WAY OUR NAME FOR US IS THE MADHOUSESO WE HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON . :arghh::biglaugh:

Archived