marrage certificates.

Guest jayne

hi i am new here, i only just found this site today and i think it is great.

my q's is we (me, hubby and 2 sons) are planning a move to australia and when submitting the forms for a visa do we need proof of our marrage?

we were married in the dominican republic and have now lost the certificate due to a house move and i was wondering if this would be a problem. (been married just over 6 yrs.)

all our banks and mortgage are in my new married name as i gave them proof when we 1st got married.

thanks in advance for any replys.

jayne.

Guest choobs
hi i am new here, i only just found this site today and i think it is great.

my q's is we (me, hubby and 2 sons) are planning a move to australia and when submitting the forms for a visa do we need proof of our marrage?

we were married in the dominican republic and have now lost the certificate due to a house move and i was wondering if this would be a problem. (been married just over 6 yrs.)

all our banks and mortgage are in my new married name as i gave them proof when we 1st got married.

thanks in advance for any replys.

jayne.

My gut feeling is *yes*, it'll be a problem. Having said that, not having a marriage certificate is always likely to be a problem, so you're as well getting it replaced anyway.

To give you an idea of how much DIMIA like their certificates, we're being sponsored by a family member who lives out there and we had to supply:

1 x Marriage certificate for my wife and I

5 birth certificates for our immediate family members

1 x Birth certificate for my wife's mother

1 x marrige certificate for my wife's mother

1 x birth certificate for our sponsor

1 x marriage certificate for my wife's grandmother

1 x statutory declaration detailing a name change for my wife.

They're pretty, erm, thorough ;-)

Cheers

Choobs

:cry: thanks for the reply, i have already been onto the dominican embassy before christmas and they have said that we can pay £70 (small sum) to them to try and find it but they arn't guaranteed to find it.

our dreams could be over before we have even begun :cry:

i have tons of q's but i think getting a new certificate is the 1st proirity and once (if) we have a new one then i will be back.

fingers and toes crossed.

jayne.

Guest choobs
:cry: thanks for the reply, i have already been onto the dominican embassy before christmas and they have said that we can pay £70 (small sum) to them to try and find it but they arn't guaranteed to find it.

our dreams could be over before we have even begun :cry:

i have tons of q's but i think getting a new certificate is the 1st proirity and once (if) we have a new one then i will be back.

fingers and toes crossed.

jayne.

I maybe painted a blacker picture than necessary :) If it proves impossible to get a replacement certificate, then I would think that a statutory declaration, stating why your certificate doesn't exist and what you've done to try and get a new one, signed by a notary public, should do just fine. I'd have thought.

Choobs

• 2 months later...
Guest jacks22

Hi Jayne

Why not just get married again at your local registary office? Good excuse for a party. My husband and I are just in the process of applying for our visa. It's a stressful process what with copies of this and that. So much copying and signitures to get. Hope all goes well with you.

Love Jacqui

Archived