plasterer

Guest rach and carl

Guest rach and carl

hi its rach here, im 23 and i'v been with my boyfriend for over 5 years know and we both have been wanting to emigrate to australia.

My OH is a qualified plasterer(modern apprentiship-CG nvq level2) with 1 year work experience after serving his apprenticeship.

We are desperate to get over there asap it seems like forever since we've wanted it. We would have to wait over a year to apply as indepent skilled visa and then wait for the application to be processed.

We've been told that we could do employer sponsored (a 457 i think?) but im not sure how you go about getting a sponsor?

Do you go over and try find one?(and can you stay if you find a sponsor on a normal holiday visa)

Do you do it from here?

Or over the net?

Im not sure where to start???

Any info or ideas would be much appreciated

Thankyou rach

Hi Rach,

Firstly welcome to PIO, a fantastic forum with people and friends with loads of info and advice, we are all a lovely friendly bunch on here.

We are going out on a 457 sponsor visa so in same boat as you, we had 2 sponsors of which have fell through and am looking for 3rd time so 3rd time lucky, cross fingers, i am a senior support worker so will be going on the Residential Care Officer skill.

Try looking at www.seek.com.au / www.career.com.au / www.careerone.com.au

Try them 3 sites and what i did is even though it says at bottom of each job must be resident in Oz doesnt mean they dont sponsor as all the jobs say that regardless so what i did is spent nights just ringing up every single one and asked them if they do job sponsor from the uk to Australia, have to be very patient like me lol

Before going for sponsor, do you not meet the points for a 136 skilled visa as this root is better if you can do it on that visa as that would give you instant permenant residency? :rolleyes::biggrin:

Guest rach and carl

yeah if we was to do that route we would have to stay til this time next year, carl has three years but needs four for the TRA to ok him

Right, well you have to go with your heart and what you want, try them sites i have put for you and see what you come up with, i will also look too and pm you if i find anything, is there any paticular area you are looking at like perth, sydney, brisbaine etc?

Guest rach and carl

looking to go gold coast as we have family there, do possible sponsors look at this site? thanks for your interest

Guest rach and carl

ok thank you very much, the process is very long as we have been at it for a while. its been said i think, emailing possible employers etc. very long winded but great rewards in the end. gota go for now speak soon thanks again

Only takes about 6-8 weeks after visa application is lodged, just finding the sponsor that takes the longest lol, i emailed loads of companies but found i got more response phoning them :rolleyes::wub:

What is your job scarlet lol :swoon:

Archived