Help wanted please.

DonnaC

Hi all,

I am looking to emigrate to Aus, but first need to finish my degree, and then do my PGCE and become a teacher.

At the moment, I am working on a project for University and could do with some help and info really if you could spare me the time.

I am looking at the differences in UK and Oz schools, and how you, or your children find them. Would also be interested in your stories about how migrant teachers affect the children, classrooms etc.

I would be very grateful for anyone who has some stories, or info that they could pass on that they feel would help me out!! I would be EXTREMELY grateful. If you think of any other avenues that I could explore for this project..they are also gratefully received.

I look forward to hearing good and bad points about this.

Thanks again

Donna :rolleyes:

Guest wanderer
Hi all,

I am looking to emigrate to Aus, but first need to finish my degree, and then do my PGCE and become a teacher.

At the moment, I am working on a project for University and could do with some help and info really if you could spare me the time.

I am looking at the differences in UK and Oz schools, and how you, or your children find them. Would also be interested in your stories about how migrant teachers affect the children, classrooms etc.

I would be very grateful for anyone who has some stories, or info that they could pass on that they feel would help me out!! I would be EXTREMELY grateful. If you think of any other avenues that I could explore for this project..they are also gratefully received.

I look forward to hearing good and bad points about this.

Thanks again

Donna :rolleyes:

Not that I have much in way of practical teaching to add Donna but you'll probably find there something of a difference between primary and secondary and particularly with primary, city and country whereas country teachers may be teaching a few more subjects and even combined classes in smaller schools.

More of a relaxed atmosphere in smaller country schools too.

And then you'll have differences state to state as well, education being a state governement controlled area though we currently have a Deputy PM who is also Education and Employment Minister and hell bent on having schools succumb to her idea of a more universal approach with schools all being rated by results.

So with that as a background, if you google up Teachers Forums you'll find 233.000 hits in 0.17 seconds to choose from and may find some that suit your particular area.

Archived