Sign in to follow this  
Guest heather

Medical

Guest heather

My partner has mild asthma and is worried that he will be turned down due to this. It has been the same for 7 years and does not effect his work. Has anyone had any problems in the medical with this? We are no where near the medical stage but don't want to spend loads of money if we find out they don't want him due to asthma.

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Guest maryhall

When we had our medicals we were prepared for a 'thorough' check but it turns out it was easier than expected! A coupleof prods and a few question and that was it. I have had in the past had someops for afew thigs and some health scares and it didn't effect my chances. My husband had asthma 10 years ago and he put it on his medical form and no questions were asked. I doubt very much you would have a problem with this!

Good Luck! :P

Guest Cal
    My partner has mild asthma and is worried that he will be turned down due to this. It has been the same for 7 years and does not effect his work. Has anyone had any problems in the medical with this? We are no where near the medical stage but don't want to spend loads of money if we find out they don't want him due to asthma.

If your worried it might be a good idea to take a letter along with you from your GP, stating that it's under control and has been for x amount of years etc etc. That way it won't cause a delay if they do want more info, as you will already be supplying it.

Hope this helps

Cal

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Ian Ireland

We are currently at 26 months waiting for class 143. My wife looks as if she is going to need medical investigations. This will obviously feature in any medical report. If the case worker eventually makes contact soon, what do we say? God forbid we go to the back of the queue. I would assume they will tell us to get it fixed and come back to them.

Help please!!!

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app
      • By RFHLFC1984
        I have the opportunity to move to Australia with work and was wondering what the situation is with medical treatment.
        For example if I need to see a GP or am admitted to hospital etc.
        Obviously in the UK this is free under the NHS but what is the deal in Australia please?
      • By Cootsy88
        Hi,

ive just completed my medical on wednesday and got an updated on emedical saying completed, on all 3 things. And on the immi website saying that "health clearance provided- no action needed".  
        I won't get a case officer probably for another 5 months, but was told to do my medical  by a friend after 4 months of submitting my defacto visa
        I'm a bit worried about the medical it says that I'm good just now until a co is assigned, but do you know if I had a serious disease that they would tell me or wait until co is assigned, like if I had hiv, and they tell me 5 months down the line that my visa is refused I'd be a bit pissed of as it's a serious disease 

thanks
      • By Awais
        Hi Guys. My wife has applied a partner visa 309 on 28 June 2016. The application is in the final stages. Today she receive the email that your medicals are not valid after 1 year. Online immiaccount showing medical is clear for the processing of this visa.
        My query is that the visa processing has been delayed by the immigration deptt then why should one undergo the medical checkup again? 
        Does it happen to anyone else who are waiting for decision for more than 12 months?
      • By LouiseH
        Hi
        I will be submitting my EOI soon for 189 Visa. My partner will be included in my application. Once the EOI is submitted, we will arrange medical examinations. Does my partner need to have the medical too? I have my HAP ID as I have already signed up to E-Medical via my Immi Account. I can't work out if my partner also needs to sign up to E-Medical to get her own HAP ID. She isn't applying for her own visa, as she is part of my application.
        I had to select which visa I was applying for when I registered with E-Medical, but obviously my partner won't be applying for the visa herself, I couldn't see anywhere to include her....
        Any advice please?