20 and Moving to Brisbane

Guest AppleA

Hello

I am a first year at the university, and I want to move to the brisbane (or queensland) area after I finish uni (in about 2 years time). My family have wanted to move to Australia for years; last year we gained a visa to remain permanent in Australia! yay!

My parents have recently split up and the move has almost been forgotten, but I still want to go. I feel like this is something I really want to do; even if I end up doing it on my own, I want to give it ago. I hope I can still persuade my mum and brothers to come too:)

I dont really know where to start, or how long in advance i should start planning?

At the moment I am thinking about traveling around the country before i settle down, and maybe doing a masters (if you can do that in oz) at university, when I do.

It is all very daunting at the moment, and I would love to hear from anyone with similar plans or situation or even anyone with suggestions

:wubclub:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Holamigo
Hello

I am a first year at the university, and I want to move to the brisbane (or queensland) area after I finish uni (in about 2 years time). My family have wanted to move to Australia for years; last year we gained a visa to remain permanent in Australia! yay!

My parents have recently split up and the move has almost been forgotten, but I still want to go. I feel like this is something I really want to do; even if I end up doing it on my own, I want to give it ago. I hope I can still persuade my mum and brothers to come too:)

I dont really know where to start, or how long in advance i should start planning?

At the moment I am thinking about traveling around the country before i settle down, and maybe doing a masters (if you can do that in oz) at university, when I do.

It is all very daunting at the moment, and I would love to hear from anyone with similar plans or situation or even anyone with suggestions

:wubclub:

Hey! :biggrin:

I'm also 20 and will be in Uni for next 3 years! ive started to research into it! It's very daunting. Especially because I'm gonna be doing it on my own aswel! but it's something i've wanted to do since I was about 12! I've just had this obsession with oz and moving there!

I don't have much advice as its all still new to me aswel. But have you thought of doing a work experience abroad in your current course? I know some Uni's let you do that. Then maybe you can see if you will like it there.

Good luck! :spinny:

• 10 months later...
Guest Anissa2909

Hi AppleA!

Im 19 and living in Brisbane QLD. I know you posted this nearly a year ago now but still worth a shot lol!! .. are you still considering coming here? Its always worth a go, otherwise you will be wondering what if. Unless, of course you are already here and then you will know 'what if'. Lol, sorry. I ramble. ANYWAY... message me if you are here...or still interested.

Looking for friends! :) xx

Archived