Ship the Jeep?

Guest macfamily

Guest macfamily

Would really appreciate any advice we can get on this. After making enquiries on here previously we had decided not to take OH commercial jeep to Perth. Today we had a surveyor out from Crown and he reckons for the type of jeep OH has, they're very expensive out there and maybe it would be worthwhile taking it with us so we started to think again....would be so handy to have it when we get there and one less thing to purchase! Also in the current climate here we wont get the proper sale value of it. Now the question after all that....it's a Toyota Landcruiser gx shortwheel base, 3 litre D4D engine, 2006. The problem is that upon looking up various different Oz websites we cannot find this particular model - does anyone know if you can get this type out there? No point even considering it if we can't get parts, repairs etc. Thanks

For info, I'm shipping my car to Brisbane and am currently awiating the export document. However, yesterday, I received the following email from them requesting the necessary information. Seems its not now as straightforward to ship your car even if you want to. Fortunately I can meet the 100 points. Annoyingly though, but totally separate issue, moved out of our house on thursay into rented house for a couple of weeks till we go, and woke up this morning to find a massive key scratch all along the side - gotta go in for a full side respray now on monday - not happy!!

In order to process your Application for a Personally Imported Vehicle Approval, I require the information listed below.

· Overseas Drivers Licence

· Every page of your Passport including the blank ones

· Due to Legislation changes on 18 November 2009, all applicants are required to provide evidence of their intention to remain in Australia indefinitely. You must be able to provide documentation equalling at least 100 points. Please see the table below for acceptable documents.

· Documents used to establish an intention to remain in Australia indefinitely

· Primary documents that applicants can use to substantiate Australian residency

· 50 points documents

· the recent commencement of Australian employment (eg, a letter from the new employer).

· the recent cessation of overseas employment (eg, a letter from the previous employer).

· a recent rental agreement / purchase agreement for the applicants Australian residential property (ie, longstanding holiday or second homes dont count).

· a recent sale / cancellation of the applicants overseas residential property.

· Secondary documents that applicants can use to substantiate Australian residency

· 20 point documents

· the shipment of the applicants household goods to Australia

· the enrolment of the applicants children in an Australian school.

· 10 point document

· other documents relating to the applicants Australian residential property (eg, telephone / electricity accounts).

· Additional documents, that foreign citizens can use to substantiate Australian residency

· 25 points documents

· the applicants Australian Tax File Number

· the applicants Australian bank account.

· the applicants registration with Medicare.

· the applicants Australian medical insurance.

· the applicants Australian drivers licence.

Guest macfamily

thanks for reply Julzcary, there's nothing straightforward is there?? A rotton thing for somebody to scrape your car at any time but especially now! Hopefully things will be onwards and upwards from now on! Good luck in Oz

Archived