Bridging visa valid same time with current student visa

Guest tommy135

Guest tommy135

Hi everyone,

My visa expire on Aug-2011 but I finished my degree earlier because of changing program.

I want to return to my country and come back to australia on 20-Feb-2010. I do not know whether I can come back here by current student visa or I must apply TR/PR to get bridging visa to stay here legally.

_I call to immigration department and they say they are waiting to the notification from my university to show that I finish my program earlier and then they say after they receive it, I will get only 28 days to stay in Australia.

_The day after that, I went to talk with them face to face (student compliance-Level 15-DIAC Melbourne). They say I can come back here on 20-Feb-2010 without any risky. But after that I must apply to TR/PR asap.

I was so confused with this issue, 2 person 2 different answers but in same department.

1) Do I need to apply TR/PR then get bridging visa A, then apply bridging visa B in order to travel oversea.

2) Or I just need bridging visa A is enough as an evidence to show the customs in the airport that I intend to come back for immigration purpose(still use student visa to travel). Some people say the bridging visa A will not be activated yet until my current student visa expire. and even I get BV A but if when the day I leave Australia, BV A will be cancel. (I need apply again when I come back)

I need to return my country in emergency situation.

Any one know about this issue, Please please please help me !!!!

• 6 months later...

Archived