What work would you do?

AJ

Does anyone want to change their job when they get to OZ?

I work as a Project Co-ordinator right now and have always done some kind of Office or Reception work. I really would like a change

I would have to do the same to begin with cause we are not going with wads of cash but have always wanted to have a Coffee shop like on friends or a clothes shop for us ladies that are slightly out of our teens. Maybies once I have been there a few years.............

Guest EM&M

AJ,

I have worked in the same hotel for 12 years but qualified as a nail tech about 18mths ago as wanted to do something different, for one reason or another I have only done this for friends and family as never left the security of my hotel job. I am going on a course in couple week to do pedicure and nail art and im hoping that I can pick up this line of work when I arrive. However I did think I could always get a part time job in a hotel when I arrive until we find our feet.

I really am hoping to change my direction. Good Luck

Em x

Guest clayton gang
Does anyone want to change their job when they get to OZ?

I work as a Project Co-ordinator right now and have always done some kind of Office or Reception work. I really would like a change

I would have to do the same to begin with cause we are not going with wads of cash but have always wanted to have a Coffee shop like on friends or a clothes shop for us ladies that are slightly out of our teens. Maybies once I have been there a few years.............

Hi AJ

I have been a practice manager for the same doctor for 21 years. I would really love to change my line of work. I would like something stress free and with less pressure.

I have just done a course on phelbotomy so maybe I would like to look into that.

Jenny

Guest IanL

I think it very much depends what you do/did and how much paid. For example I would have a hard time changing careers as I have 12yrs extensive experience at what I do, and I've done it in a few countries. The upside is that I get paid well, the downside is I'll pretty much be locked into what I do forever. I can go more senior, but essentially will be doing the same thing. I don't mind, it's what I know and what I like really.

But I'd say if you're earning average money, when you get to Oz they're probably going to try to pull the old 'no Australian experience ' line in order to get you to accept less (there are a few cases where this does apply, but IMO they only appertain to careers that you'd be unlikely to change anyway. Accountants, some health care etc). So if you're having your worth knocked down anyway, why not change? You'll be treated as entry level (probably) the same as an Australian entering the industry.

Could be a good way of 'drawing a line in the sand' so to speak. Just make sure you emphasise how you can use your previous experience to help you in your new vocation.

Guest Nelson

I used the move to make an entirely new start.. It was a huge risk as I sold a very profitable business in the U.K. but didn't want to do the same thing here. I'd reached the top of my tree and wanted a new challenge. I have been very fortunate in finding a good career here in a really interesting environment with great prospects. I started at the bottom but have moved up very rapidly with increased salary en route. I still don't earn even a quarter of what I earned in U.K. but we have just changed our lives completely. My daughter recently asked if I was going to start another business because she "wanted to be a princess again" (she's 19 by the way! LOL) but we just cut our cloth accordingly, as the saying goes.

Stepping over the edge was the hardest part and at times it has felt as if we are in free-fall but it is still worth it! :D

Guest kelly

mee too i want to do something different, i work in a florist but am not a qualified florist, as we are going on husbands skills as a carpenter i was thinking maybe starting a business not sure what though, not sure what is mising in the market,

Guest Scarletfever

At the moment, I have to be nice to people who are s###heads, I have to be nice to people who I wouldn't sit next to on a bus.

I'd like to be an arrogant, self opinionated, vindictive, evil git who smiles at other peoples misfortunes. Ah, forgot, I cant be that, my maths wasn't too good at school, so bank manager work would be out.:arghh:

Guest kelly
At the moment, I have to be nice to people who are s###heads, I have to be nice to people who I wouldn't sit next to on a bus.

I'd like to be an arrogant, self opinionated, vindictive, evil git who smiles at other peoples misfortunes. Ah, forgot, I cant be that, my maths wasn't too good at school, so bank manager work would be out.:arghh:

hahahahaha i thought it was just my bank manager, he must work at your bank as well

Guest Scarletfever
lol dan - anyway i thought you had plenty of jobs going for girls who like to wear pink and do nothing all day!!!

Yeah, I do...no worries bout that. I like my job really, but it'd be great to get p####d with someone and get away with it!:arghh:

Guest hays

Im in insurance.....it is sooo boring!!:dull:

I want to change, i think i'd like a small coffee shop maybe somewhere next to a nice beach or a fantastic piece of land with a great view. If i dont get any customers that would be fine, i could sit and gaze out, drinking nice coffee all day..................:daydreaming:

Guest Nelson

I have the perfect job for you! Look here!!!

www.hoban.com.au and look under Connex, Authorised Officer!!!

You should see the smiles on their faces as they hand out yet another infringement notice!!! :jimlad:

Archived