pot/Cannabis

Guest jane

Guest jane
Yes, certain jobs do require drugs testing unfortunately? I wouldn't say teaching is one but probably bus drivers, pilots etc.

The issue for me is the growing trend to test simply for the sake of it... my OH can be randomly tested... perhaps accounting is more dangerous than I thought?

I've never done illegal drugs, a bit of alcohol on some weekends these days but I do find it objectionable that my employer claims the unilateral right to test me. What's happening is that employers suddenly decide they'll do it... & if you refuse you're gone. The problem is that if you do refuse everyone assumes it's not on a point of principal but because you're trying to hide drugs use.

:swoon: I seem to have opened a right can of worms on this subject.

jane x

Guest austibeach

My thought would be, if in doubt leave it out, your job isn't worth losing over a recreational drug ; or any drug for that matter. But random testing; unless written into your contract does seem like an intrusion into your civil liberties. Furthermore, if they are going to test for recreational drugs, such as cannabis, why stop there ? Why not test for traces of alcohol ? In all my working life I have certainly witnessed many more people turning up for work, worse for wear,after a nights drinking, than I have ever witnessed any that are under the influence of drugs. The effect on a persons ability to perform their job will be just the same.

Eric.

My Hubby smokes a bit of pot and when he went for his medicals he didnt smoke it for about 3 months before as he was so scared he would get caughts by the urine test! Reason he was extra careful was cos when he was 18 he got a charge for posssession and obviously had to grovel with a letter saying how much he had regretted it and it was his first and only time etc etc so he could get his spouse visa. He doest drink so his vice is his smoke and it chills him out.

His main worry about coming here was where to get some and no footy!!

Anyhow he's sorted!! LOL:biggrin:

Dont worry your OH should be fine

George

Guest Abi&Dan
What you doing looking at websites about drugs???:wideeyed:

I did a report yonks ago for a consumer info site I was a member of (called Ciao) so I did a fair bit of research - and just remembered it! That site was just one I found quickly at work yesterday by googling (yes at work - so that could require some interesting explanations!!)

Archived