Police checks

k8bug79

Hi, I'll be putting an application in for a Spouses visa in the near futue. Obviusly I know I need to do a police check for the UK, thats no worries I am a good girl :biggrin: However I am puzzled whether I need to do one for the UAE. In 2002 I went to Dubai with my now ex, then fiance. We stayed with his Mum with the desire to live out there. We went on tourist visa which is basically a stamp at passport control. you are allowed to stay 3 months (or 2 months can't recall:eek:) then you need to fly in and out again on the same day to renew. I went in August and flew in and out to Quatar during october (literally went to Doha airport and back on the next flight) and then came back to the UK in Dec just before Christmas for a week or two, I then came home for good in January as I had no job out there and a job offer at home. So in all I was there from Aug 25th to Jan 25th (I think) As I never got a job or had any other visa than a holiday visa they will have absolutely no record of me, my passport that I travelled to Dubai on has expired so there is no record of the trip in my current passport, I was still getting post delievered to my flat in London, so do I need to get a police check for there or do you think I could get away with not having to. I just know the UAE governement aren't easy to deal with and I can see it being a pain in the bum when actually i can't see how Oz immigration are going to know I went???? I am not trying to dupe anyone just save some money if poss. Thanks

Hi, K8bug79! I don't think you need a police certificate from UAE if you stayed there for only 5 months. Applicants are asked to provide police certificates only for each country they have lived in for 12 months or more in total over the last 10 years since turning 16.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Ah great thanks for that, was just scouring Immi for that info and couldn't find it. My husband went for citizenship by descent so maybe they have different requirements as am sure I have seen the 3 months somewhere. Thanks again for finding that for me

Archived