Any advice please

Guest tone

Hi

My daughter sent her application for a defacto-spouse visa recently. A few days later she got a phone call from her case worker to do a telephone interview, we assume. A few hours later she called again to mainly say she has insufficient evidence and would she get more.

My daughter was quite shocked as she sent everything she had to them and told the CO that. The CO then tried to help with suggestions eg. did they nominate each other for next of kin at work, have they got any further official docs.

She went on to say, write a statement as to why you do not have any more things. Bills etc. We suppose in both names. Also her parents have to write another stat dec telling them the situation at home, which is where they are living by the way.

It seemed obvious the CO had not read what was submitted properly as she didn't realise we had already sent stat decs in from parents and there was other things she should have known but didin't.

The CO has sent an e-mail requesting further evidence, Aus police checks and medicals. We hoped this would confirm what they wanted but it was a general request for more evidence.

It will be twelve months since they have both lived together at the family home soon. Which will make a total of 22 months they've been together. They started living together in May last year.

Will the fact that we can provide a new stat dec confirming this latest 12 mth period at our house, mum and dads, be what they want? Will the other statement requested of no further evidence because they did not need to put my daughter on documents etc. when they lived together in Aus for 6 months and if they did it would probably reflect a less genuine relationship.

The CO also queried why they did not have a joint account in the UK. This again should be obvious as under money laundering regs you have to be in the UK at least 12 months before you can have an account, joint or otherwise. This also left us confused and with little confidence in the CO.

What do you think about the CO's apparent lack of reading the info we sent and her UK bank account knowledge? What is involved in a review if this becomes necessary? Can you change your CO?.

Please Help

Tone

Guest ABCDiamond

The CO also queried why they did not have a joint account in the UK. This again should be obvious as under money laundering regs you have to be in the UK at least 12 months before you can have an account, joint or otherwise. This also left us confused and with little confidence in the CO.
Not sure about the other bits, but in Australia you can open a bank account on day one of arriving (or even before), and the CO may have thought it would be the same in UK.

Thanks ABCDIAMOND but would have thought a CO would know the situation in the UK without my young inexperienced daughter having to explain to her. Although she did seem young as well!

Archived