Family sponsorship

miguelrg

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Miguel

Your mother's cousin is your second cousin, so I am afraid that the answer is "no", unfortunately.

Cheers

Gill

Guest wanderer

You still need to be looking at a GSM visa like the 176 and then itcould be possible your SSIL could be the sponsor but have a look under eligibility in the 176 visa section to see if you'll meet all the eligibility requirements and under family sponsorship there'll be links re what relatives can sponsor.

But there's no straight out sponsorship for family other than with partners, children, and parents.

• 8 months later...
Guest ochie2008

Hi there! I wonder if anyone has gone thru a similar situation to answer this. i am lost as to whether sponsoring my brother is the best action to take.

1. i have a PR

2. My brother passed Skills assessment as an accountant before July, but has scored 7,7,7,6.5 in IELTS. Is he still eligible to apply or he has to retake IELTS to score 7's to apply as an accountant with the new rules from July 1 2010? His point score is 115.

3. Can i sponsor him so that he does not have to retake IELTS?

4. Does family sponsorship take longer to process than skilled independent?

Thanks.

Hi there! I wonder if anyone has gone thru a similar situation to answer this. i am lost as to whether sponsoring my brother is the best action to take.

1. i have a PR

2. My brother passed Skills assessment as an accountant before July, but has scored 7,7,7,6.5 in IELTS. Is he still eligible to apply or he has to retake IELTS to score 7's to apply as an accountant with the new rules from July 1 2010? His point score is 115.

Thanks.

we are in the same boat .. due to my occupation ( accountant ) and my ielts 6 in each .. i couldn't apply for GSM 175 but i already had my skills assessed last year ...

i have relatives in AUS who are citizens ( uncle & cousins ) .. i dont knwo .. dose it needs ielts 7 in each to apply via family sponsorship ( visa 176 ) ?

could anybody help ??

1. i have a PR

Thanks.

Since your brother has already has a positive skills assessment, he should be fine. There is absolutely no connection between IELTS and family sponsorship. Given current scenario, your brother should try and obtain State's sponsorship. Family sponsorship, besides being given a lower priority, is a dangerous road to thread on. For State's sponsorship though, you have to see the IELTS requirement of that state as some states specifically request a certain criteria. Which country does your brother live in ? Which state do you live in ?

Guest ochie2008

Thanks for your valuable comments. My brother is from HR country and i live in WA. I guess then , he may have to retake IELTS to go for 175 instead.

Thanks for your valuable comments. My brother is from HR country and i live in WA. I guess then , he may have to retake IELTS to go for 175 instead.

Would he not be interested in State Sponsorship ? This will give him higher priority processing. Wait for WA's new list and see if Accountant is on that list. If it is, he can be sponsored and live in WA.

Archived