Immigration & Customs

Woofyhugger

Hi Guys.

All going well I should be moving to the UK permanently in Jan/February. (I was born in the UK to British parents, moved to Oz when I was 3, now I'm 38.) I will have my british passport and most likely a RRV in case I need to come back to Oz for some bizarre reason.

I am wondering what questions I am likely to be asked by immigration if any? Will they need to know my purpose of moving back? how much money I have etc? where I am staying? If I will be working etc? or do they usually only ask that of people on holiday/work visas who aren't British citizens?

As for customs, is it okay to take things like some chocolate bars over in my check in luggage? Just a handfull.. like Cherry Ripe bars they don't really have in the UK.. my friend loves them.

If I have nothing to declare; its really going to be me, clothes and my laptop, iphone, ipod, what channel would I use? The green one?

Speaking of.. because i'm british and on a british passport, do I cue with the British/EU crowd to go through immigration or do I queue with the non EU people as I am coming in from Australia?

Cheers

Matt

Guest barker1979

You are fine with most food items in the UK especially choc, so no worries there, if you have a UK passport then its the UK line up. Hope this helps

Guest siamsusie

You are fine with most food items in the UK especially choc, so no worries there, if you have a UK passport then its the UK line up. Hope this helps

No dairy produce, no honey, no meats and fish. I have stood in years gone by, by carousels with suitcases of bloodied meats, flour, grains etc. overspilling, gross to say the least and no protection given to the country and its environments, sorry guys but the Uk is way behind the times in this respect:wubclub:

Guest Guest31881
Hi Guys.

I am wondering what questions I am likely to be asked by immigration if any? Will they need to know my purpose of moving back? how much money I have etc? where I am staying? If I will be working etc? or do they usually only ask that of people on holiday/work visas who aren't British citizens?

If I have nothing to declare; its really going to be me, clothes and my laptop, iphone, ipod, what channel would I use? The green one?

Speaking of.. because i'm british and on a british passport, do I cue with the British/EU crowd to go through immigration or do I queue with the non EU people as I am coming in from Australia?

Cheers

Matt

Customs will not ask any questions you are on a British passport so there is no need to ask anything. Go through the UK & EU side of the terminal, last time i went through i just waved my passport and it was not even checked!

Archived