CAT TALES

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

We are bringing over 3 cats and have heard differing tales on this process, has anybody undertaken this ? if so any good guidance.

Many thanks[/code]

Guest Alison1967

I am hoping to emigrate next year.

My friend used Golden Arrow shippers (shropshire) for her two cats and was pleased with their service. They were transported together and kennelled together at Melbourne.

I intend to use them for my cat. They organise everything and are very reasonable. All i have to do is make sure holly's vaccinations are up to date and provide the certificate and proof of microchip and away she goes. Look at previous threads there are loads and offer info on other shippers.

After all the things you need to organise i am looking forward to letting someone else doing all the organisation, i know my baby will be in good hands.

Alison

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Hi Alison,

Thanks for this. We approached Quantas/BA to transport the cats they have a preffered provider list of companies that transport cats from the UK to OZ. I rang them all and received various quotes etc.

My main query was how cats adapt whilst in OZ and how they cope with all the insects etc. I believe that you have to registered them with the Local Authority and get a licence? plus they have to stay in a night.

Lots to think.

Cheers.

Guest Alison1967
Hi Alison,

Thanks for this. We approached Quantas/BA to transport the cats they have a preffered provider list of companies that transport cats from the UK to OZ. I rang them all and received various quotes etc.

My main query was how cats adapt whilst in OZ and how they cope with all the insects etc. I believe that you have to registered them with the Local Authority and get a licence? plus they have to stay in a night.

Lots to think.

Cheers.

Hi Neil

the quarantine quarters are divided into three sections, toilet living and on top they can acclimatise to the new climate if i remember my friends explanation.

What part of Aus are you going to my friend moved to Adelaide. she has not registered the cats or got a licence for them as far as i know. Also when we stayed her eldest cat spent many a night outside.

let me know if you want Chris Sorensons number (golden arrow) he can send you loads of info after he talks the hind leg off a donkey trying to put you at ease.

Alison

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Hi Alison,

We are still undecided at the moment as to where we want to live. My partner works in IT and it looks more like Sydney or Melbourne but we both fancy Adelaide. I'm saying all this and we haven’t even been accepted yet.

We will probably go and stay in Adelaide when/if the visa comes through to validate this so we can look out then, my partner will then have to sponsor me so we are not talking immanent boohoo.

A work mate is currently in Adelaide staying with her sister so I have piled her will loads of questions and queries so we will see what she says.

Thanks for responding.

Archived