The Coolest Ute?

Guest Impatient

Guest Impatient

Right then chaps, very important stuff. Have been chatting with my boy who is very into his cars and, to be honest, he is a little bit embarrassed about driving around in a people mover. What he thinks he would like when he gets to oz in a couple of years is a very cool Ute/pick up thing (he is not very sure of the terminology as he is not quite 3 years old yet), and who am I to argue, he is just soooo cool:cool: ?

Of course, he has managed to convince his twin sister of the benefits of such a vehicle (towing horse boxes etc) and his mum dotes on him so he could probably get away with anything. I have no particular preference and will go along with the rest of my family as I am that sort of guy (just like most of the chaps on PIO, I am totally focussed on the needs and fantasies of my families, with all of my own dreams taking a back seat - us blokes are so great).

So guys, what should I buy the little guy when i get there? The only constraint I will put on it is that it must be fairly sporty, as I am firmly under the impression that fast cars are safe because you can get yourself out of trouble!!

Guest hays

as i know this will infuriate the boys, i have to add to this thread as well..........i'm not sure what i want when i get there, but defo a ute of somekind.............pink and shiny thanks.

Guest Abi&Dan

my OH will be a SE plumber and I think the dream is for a nice shiny toyota ute (the one off top gear that's indestructable), however, I think the reality will be a battered old white ford pick up!

Guest Impatient

I swear they are all his own words! AND you should have seen him cheering on Oz during the cricket World Cup - he is already living the life!

Would love to get Mrs Imp a convertible beetle, not sure about pink though! Daughter would love pink, but she understands how impractical pink is for a car (like i would never drive it so her mum would have to drive her everywhere which might limit her social life somewhat!). Better off with a cool black one methinks...

Guest Impatient

Hays sweetie, you are welcome to reply to my posts at any time! We should have a ute cruise when we all get there!

Guest dwaldron

Don't get a Toyota ute, you need a Holden or a Ford. If you prefer the sporty look then you should consider a Falcon XR8:

Guest Impatient

Thanks mate, will run it past the wee man in the morning, but looks good to me (although clearly that counts for nothing!)

Guest hays

i shall look forward to our ute driving experience!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

do they do the xr8 in pink? or shall i have shiny blue...............just not sure...........:unsure:

Guest Abi&Dan
Don't get a Toyota ute, you need a Holden or a Ford. If you prefer the sporty look then you should consider a Falcon XR8:

S'long as you don't mean ford ranger - OH is currently Ford mechanic and confirms the rear axle has a tendancy to seize up, throwing the vehicle off the road (actually happened to his evil boss who'd bought one - not a happy bunny mwahahaha) and fords solution to this manufacturing problem has so far been to get them to just add some more oil to the axle when it's brought in for service!! Also engine is pants. I'm sure they'll fix it but wait till they do before buying one as they are noooot cheap!

Guest Scarletfever
if i had a pink beetle no one would be ALLOWED to drive it!!!!

Chelle, do you honestly think ANYBODY would want to drive it???:P

Guest hays
Chelle, do you honestly think ANYBODY would want to drive it???:P

I would Dan, so ner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest steve110
yes it has to be the holden ute (above) or a wrangler jeep ,,god they are so good looking !!!! dont get the holden in green thou ,its a horrible lime green colour ,,never seen a pink one chelle ,sorry !

Cal x

JEEP????? JEEP!!!! WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT.

LAND ROVER. NUFF SAID.

Guest london cabbie

I wont be bringing my cherished defender 90 with me apparently it wont be viable,there dont seem to be many 90s out there ,mostly 110s and 130s ,i love my 90 and it will be a sad day when its sold,but ill get over it .I will try to get a 90 out there if not a 110 or maybe have a bit of luxury for a change and get a discovery.

Whatever happens it will be a landrover!!!!!

Guest Impatient

Yes yes, LRs all very good at the off-road stuff (if that is what it is going to be used for!), but hideously over-priced for what they are and unreliable compared to the stuff coming out of the far east.

LR if someone else is paying and I am not going into the outback (where it would surely breakdown and kill me), Landcruiser for anything else....!!!

Stands back and awaits abuse!!!

Guest steve110
I wont be bringing my cherished defender 90 with me apparently it wont be viable,there dont seem to be many 90s out there ,mostly 110s and 130s ,i love my 90 and it will be a sad day when its sold,but ill get over it .I will try to get a 90 out there if not a 110 or maybe have a bit of luxury for a change and get a discovery.

Whatever happens it will be a landrover!!!!!

there were fugging loads of dosco"s in perth last yr,as well as white 110 counties.

a few raro too,but no 90"s ........

yes yes impy ...... they are not the most reliable of motors,but thety have something that the japs don"t understand,and have not managed to capture, and that is soul.

oh and just to mention,land rover got rid of cart springs years before jeep saw the light .....

Cal

get yourself a glossy black 90 softop,with roll cage,propa V8 motor....... cool as pingu.

Guest london cabbie

Apparently the only 90s out there are personal imports so i will keep my eyes open for one that is being sold

Top gear did a survey of the top 100 coolest cars on the planet and the defender 90 came second.

First was the james bond aston martin.....i'll settle for that!!!!!!

hubby just been offered a freelander cheap with an engine prob and hes a mechanic but the freelander just dosnt do it for me ,,would have to be a black wrangler if anything sorry!! Bruce Lynton on the gold coast are landrover dealers if any of you want to see if theres a website for it.

Chelle dont bring pink fluffy dices etc they sell em ere loads butterfly ones ,playboy ones they got em all,dices.seatbelt straps and steerin wheel covers ,,save your luggage space for your rabbit.lol

Cal x

Archived